Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Graphics ?

engine failure Guest

Hi I am a complete and total noob to flight sim Embarassed I own a copy of the game and was wondering how you can get the graphics to be that good. as they are in some of the screen shots. Is it something you download or the way it looks online.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It all depends on your computer. You need a fairly fast one, a goodly amount of ram (1 gig is very good but 512mb will do).
Most of all you need a good video card, some of the medium priced ones on the market now will do an exemplary job but the newer the better the "picture"

If you like, tell us what you have and we can tell you how the sim will perform on your machine.

Radar

engine failure Guest

I have a pentium 4 cpu with 3.0 GHz, 504 MB of ram. But honestly I know next to nothing about computers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have a nice fast CPU, the minimum of ram (you could add more easily if you have empty memory sockets) but we still don't know what type of video card you have.

Download and run this app, it'll tell you about everything in your computer (perfectly safe and free).
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Paste as much information as you want to your next post.

Radar

engine failure Guest

the computer that I have the game on internet is not working but I think its called video BIOS version 3329 but for all I know that could be something completly diffrent.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It sounds as if you have an "integrated video card". That means that it's built into the mother-board.
The only way to get a better card is to bypass the one you have with a new one and you'd have to download video drivers for it, burn them and transfer them to your off line computer.

Go to /start/run/ and type in dxdiag. You'll be able to get the information there.

Right now the only way to get better "views" of the aircraft would be to shut off and turn down some of the settings in the sim.

Shut off, water, shadows, texture.
Turn down, scenery and autogen to half. Mip-map to 4 or 5, clouds to as low as possible. If you like to see traffic in the air just set the slide at 50% you'll see less but reserve resources for the "look" that you want.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

engine failure Guest

Thanks for all your time and help I will try that.

engine failure Guest

ya turning every thing down really helped. thnx

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 I'm very glad that it helped. Thanks for letting us know, it helps others.
If you can double your ram that would make a big difference.

Radar