IFR routes and Online Play

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

Hi everyone,
While playing online, I submit my IFR route that the flight planner gives to ATC. But most of the time, the ATC wants to change my route, do certain departure procedures etc... How do you guys do it to know what SID's or airways they are talking about??? All I am equipped with is the FS map, and that is not of any help.
I greatly appreciate your answers!!! 😀

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, most on-line ATC take the whole flight sim thing pretty seriously, so they'll assign you published departures and arrivals. If you look on www.simroutes.com you'll be able to find some "preferred" routes for common paths, and then (if you're flying in the US) you can find the procedures on www.myairplane.com. For instance, if you fly out of IAD, you'll usually get the Capital5 departure. If you fly into O'hare from the south, they'll stick you on the OXI (Knoxville) approach (as I recall). These are all fairly simple and just mean you need to add a few extra waypoints to your flight plan.

Just make sure you read the charts well =). If you're flying out of LGA, and file for the LaGuardia9 departure, be prepared for some slick piloting!

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

Thanks for your reply, it was very useful. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...