Where is panel file in fs2004

Pro Member Trainee
br Trainee

tried all of the advise listed and still can't get the erj145 downloaded properly in fs2004. Unzipped the file and transfered to fs2004 appropriate files. didn't see panel or model. should i have dropped the panel in gauges file? What about the model file? And the other config file, where do they go? I left all of the jpeg file alone

Last edited by br on Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The panel stays with the aircraft in the aircraft folder.

I don't know what's wrong with the one you downloaded but this one is made by one of the ultimate pros in the aircraft designing business.

Go to the 2002 listing and download it.

http://www.pmstone.com/

Embraer ERJ-145
The Embraer aircraft company has made a name for itself with its popular turboprop aircraft. The 50 passenger ERJ-145 represents its entry into the midsize regional jet market where it is enjoying great success. This model is provided in 5 liveries; Alitalia, Polish Airlines, Rheintalflug, Trans States and US Air. Custom panel is included.

Pro Member Trainee
br Trainee

tried pmstone and the download was about 2 secs. Sound right? Also, he had a link to panels for his aircraft. Does this mean he only creats the look of the a/c. When I went to the link. it still gave me the same response. No plus or minus infromt of the file and not acessible from the aircraft change in fs2004. I have windows xp. Is that creating any probs? Also, when I am looking at the files downloaded, do I delete text files or what? totally clueless at this point. the first a/c I downloaded wast the cont epress 145 from mike stone from this website. That is the one I would like but still stuck on transferring the files.

I'm not to certain what the problem is that you have.
Unzip it first.
I "clicked" on the picture of the craft (on his site) and it does download quickly. Then load everything into the main (erg.145) file, load it into your "aircraft" folder in the flight sim and your off to the races.
I just did it and it works out well.

Take a look at my post in this post (2nd down).

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/946/how-to-set-up-and-fly-downloaded-aircraft/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Doh! Help! ROFL I forgot to log-in above. 🙄

I'm not to certain what the problem is that you have.
Unzip it first.
I "clicked" on the picture of the craft (on his site) and it does download quickly. Then load everything into the main (erg.145) file, load it into your "aircraft" folder in the flight sim and your off to the races.
I just did it and it works out well.

Take a look at my post in this post (2nd down).

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/946/how-to-set-up-and-fly-downloaded-aircraft/

Let us know how you did.

Pro Member Trainee
br Trainee

Finally, some progress. I used the addit! software and it at least got the a/c recognized. When I pull it up though, the MFD (2nd panel) is blank and the flaps don't match. (maybe that is too picky) Flying wise is seem to work very well. Can I modify the panel with little work or is it a major job (technically). Keeping in mind the probs I had just trying to get it into fs2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Doh! The only thing that I can think of is to unzip it again and dispose of all the parts except the panel folder and the gauge folder. Open the flight sim folder (in program files) and put the panel into the (erg.145) folder and the gauges into the gauge folder.

Lets see how this works and go from there. Umm...

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...