Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2004 question

Ghost222 Guest

hello, i am thinking about getting FS2004 and was just wondering, do you need a pretty fast comp to run the game? I got a Radeon 9000 card with 512 MB's of RAM and 1.79 GHz Pentium 4. Would this be good for running the game? Also, do i need to have a joystick to play the game?

Would this be OK for playing the game?

Thanks for your time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You can only but try with the joypad
Joysticks range in price.You dont need the dearest to enjoy fs but you do get what you pay for in build quality
I started of with one that cost about 12.00 and it lasted about a year before driving me into the sea

check out the likes of ebay to try and pick one up cheep

Very Happy Your system seems fine as far as grunt go'es

Give it a day or so to see if anyones using a joypad joins the forum

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Check out some of these links:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/363/

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4684/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total
Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

thanks for the links flyaway Very Happy I am now thinking about getting the sidewinder joystick. This a good one?

Pro Member Site Admin

Yes, the Sidewinder is a great joystick - I highly recommend a force feedback one.

Pro Member Trainee
markmac141 Trainee

i have radeon 9000 mobility, 2.0 gigahertz, 512 ram,

runs fine

will run good on your computer

Pro Member Trainee
davesmith Trainee

I find performance of COF only slightly heavier on my system than FS2K2, (approx 4fps slower) but with all the new eye candy it's worth it.

I use a logitech force feedback joystick with throttle, they're only about $60 and well worth the money.

Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

thanks for all your help people! Very Happy I just got FS2004 along with a joystick. Logitech Freedom Cordless joystick. I got some problems with the game though. When i switch to the outside view the plane turns all gray for about a second then the skin comes on. Another one is where i switch views in the plane and the screen quickly flashes about two times and then switches.

Anyone have anyone suggestions?

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

The flickering is probably due to your Graphic Card. I have that too. Nothing you can do about it, unless you're contemplating to invest some money into hardware.

Pro Member Site Admin

Ghost22 wrote:

thanks for all your help people! Very Happy I just got FS2004 along with a joystick. Logitech Freedom Cordless joystick. I got some problems with the game though. When i switch to the outside view the plane turns all gray for about a second then the skin comes on. Another one is where i switch views in the plane and the screen quickly flashes about two times and then switches.

Anyone have anyone suggestions?

What is the card you are using? I experienced something similar on my NVidia 5200FX.

I use a Radeon 9000.

Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

opps, didn't login last time. I use a Radeon 9000.