Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

tsnami photoreal scenery fs2004

Hi,
Im just wondering if there is any photoreal scenery available from south asia from last decembers tsnami. It would be cool to do some rescure missions dropping off supplys in a Herclues.

Also- does anyone know of any free/payware tropical islands with photoreal scenery for fs2004? I downloaded the IWI West Indies payware set but it is "hand coloured' not photoreal and I reckon it's as crap as fs98. lol

Thanks
From Andrew Underwood

cheekytrolly@hotmail.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My opinion is that FS isnt a ...game???....that provides mash distractions or any kind of violence actions etc.Its a flight simulator that provides flying in a very decent way and also show as some sceneries from parts of this world with very good way.

If you want to drop some food and other supplies with your Hercules go to Ethiopia and pretend that you ll drop food supplies to some kids that starving to death or anyway choose any other place of the world(unfortunately there are a lot of them)in order to help people.
I dont thing that MS will ever put raising desperate hands beging for help in FS,or big waves or grand zeros or cyclones or other big world disasters.
This is not the final purpose.

Friendly to you Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

... free/payware tropical islands with photoreal scenery for fs2004

The only one I can think of at the moment is at avsim.com filename: ffbmv1.0.zip
Check it out Wink

Thanks for your replys ppl.

My opinion is that FS isnt a ...game???....

Yes, but in my opinion, its also a simulation representing real life. The only reason I would install a tsnami scenery pack would be to marvel at natures destruction and play search and rescue missions. I know alot of people died from the tsnami (and I donated to world vision) so prephaps someone could make a payware version and send the phophit to indonesia???

I dont thing that MS will ever put raising desperate hands beging for help in FS,or big waves or grand zeros or cyclones or other big world disasters.

Ok, ok I get the point but actually 'Red Baron Entertainment's' Cook Island mesh includes '40 m high-res mesh, high-res topographical data such as coasts, roads and reefs, all existing 11 airstrips, 4 realistic weather themes including a cyclone theme, and 7 flight adventures'

Just to let you know Wink

As for 'ffbmv1.0.zip' Well I searched for it but Avsim couldn't find it!
What and where is included in the zip?

Thanks
From Andrew Underwood

cheekytrolly@hotmail.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

As for 'ffbmv1.0.zip' Well I searched for it but Avsim couldn't find it!
What and where is included in the zip?

I can't blame you - just had a good look and can't find it either - they might have taken it off avsim. Here's part of EULA :

File Name: FFBMv1.0.zip
Title: FREEflow Bermuda
Authors: Team FS-FREEflow are Scott Gridley, Joe Watson,
Jim Campisi, Bob Brown, Ron Jeffers and Barry Wells.
Copyright 2005
Web Sites Uploaded To: fs-freeflow.com, www.avsim.com
www.flightsim.com

And here's the file description :

FREEflow Bermuda is a FREE scenery addon for Microsoft Flight Simulator: ACOF which will transform the Islands of Bermuda. Features include: Land class scenery which accurately reflects vegetation and population of the Islands of Bermuda. Water class scenery which properly reflects vibrant tropical reefs of Bermuda. Completely new ocean coasts, bays, and ponds accurately placed using Landsat imagery. All new detailed Bermuda International Airport (TXKF) with accurate AFCAD. Accurately placed, custom GMax models for many landmarks in Bermuda, including both lighthouses and many historic buildings. All major roads, highways and bridges. AI surface traffic including a custom designed ferry system with accurate scheduling, and many others. A configuration utility to tailor this scenery to your system and personal preferences.

If you're interested you might check over at flightsim.com. Ican't get in at the moment.

Note Exclamation There is a new version out v1.3 just found it here Arrow
http://fs-freeflow.com/ Read

cheekytrolly Guest

Kool. Thanks
Is it actually photoreal though?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Kool. Thanks
Is it actually photoreal though?

Sorry, I have no idea - haven't got it installed Hack

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I can't think of any freeware Islands besides the Canary Islands from Canarysim and the island of St-Maarten from avsim

There are some good payware Islands out there. Hows about trying La' Reunion from VFR france.

Check it out here: http://secure.simmarket.com/default.php?manufacturers_id=172

cheekytrollyguest Guest

Thanks for the links guys.

I'd never heard of Canarysim before, so I went to thier website to tryed and download it but there seems to be no download option or link??? Can you help? I have been to the islands many times for holidays when I used to live in England so it would be great to fly over a place I know!

As for Francesim's 'LA REŚNION' island, it looks pretty good although I already went ahead and bought Francesims ' Ile de Beaute ' (Corsica) addon (see my review here at https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9720/definitely-best-scenery-addon-ever/ ) which covers a greater area, 8500sq km compared to 2,507 sq km of La Reunion. I must say that La Reunion looks spectacular also and I think I will buy it soon. Francesim, in my opinion, make the worlds best addon scenery!

St-Maarten from avsim

Dosent Microsoft Flight Sim include a photoreal St-Maarten as default?

Thanks again people