707 Pro... wanna change your wishlist??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

These are excerpts of Andrew Herd's review:

'The genesis of the 707 lies in the ashes of Nazi Germany, when a Boeing employee named George Schairer happened on wind tunnel data relating to swept wing aircraft. Schairer got the information back home as soon as he decently could, where it became a key data source in the development of a radical new swept wing bomber, the B-47. Over 2000 B-47s were built and the design was hugely influential, but it so happened that at the same time, Boeing was looking to develop a turbojet powered replacement for the Model 377 Stratocruiser, but faced a significant obstacle in that the investment required was phenomenal and the airlines weren't willing or able to fund it.'

'Just Flight's choice of the 707 isn't too surprising after the success of their superb 727. Any readers who haven't tried the trijet yet should seriously consider buying it as well as the 707, because not only do the two sims make a great pair; they demonstrate to perfection what it was like to fly these early passenger jets. Forget Flight Management Computers, forget glass cockpits; these planes came from an age where if a task required pressing two switches, they would be sited at opposite sides of the panel - and if you could see a runway, you could land on it.'

'As you may have gathered, I like the 707 a great deal. It succeeds because it has bags of personality and it is nothing short of a breath of fresh air in a market dominated by anodyne simulations of modern tin. Sure, glass cockpit sims are all the rage now, but any fool can fly along a magenta line, particularly when the flight management computer is doing all the work. Developers have an understandable tendency to concentrate on stuff that they know will sell...'

'The Just Flight 707 Professional deserves to be a huge seller for Captain Sim and Just Flight; because it completely blows the competition away. ..'

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yeah, I've heard some great reviews about it. I've also heard though that it is a fairly serious framerate hog, and I just can't take something like that on my setup yet =T

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Another very interesting article. ❗

Thanks a lot Tailhook. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have a dumb question. The plane appears to be the CaptainSim Legendary 707 which has been available for quite a while. So what has changed???

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...