Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Grumble

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Flying real time from KLAX to TNCM (usually about 8 hours gate to gate) Boeing 767 at FL350, good tail wind just crossed the Florida coast at 4-1/2 hours when FS crashes. Shocked Sad Confused Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Censored it happens my friend... Exclamation Think of the possitive side Crash...a crash of your craft....Always there are some worst things... Laughing Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

In this case, the plane was doing fine at FL350. Flight Simulator just decided to die and take itself out of memory.

I read the regulation of the virtual airline I was flying for and believe I can restart the flight, go to the point where FS died, and continue from there.

I've asked on their forum and as soon as I have confirmation, I'll be back on my way.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats great Thumbs Up!

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I feel your pain Crash. it's only happened to me a couple of times but it sure does tend to ruin an evening... Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Back in the air now. Replying from FSBrowser. I resumed the flight & adjusted the time. I'll be beginning my descent shortly and will finish the flight. If the VA allows it, I file the pirep. If not, I'll have completed the flight anyway. I'll do it in just under 8 hours total. I've had a good tail wind.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Don't hit the fence... Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain

Didn't hit the fence, but I can't explain the bikini top hanging from the flaps of the 767. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

ROFL Cool!

I love that airport! However I prefer to fly from LFPG to TNCM in an A340-300. Everytime I land an A340-300 there I need to put the autobrakes in MED (medium. Used in short runways or when the runway is wet) and reverse thrust at full. That is so cool!

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Get the autosave module from hmm avsim I think. It's great!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Get the autosave module from hmm avsim I think. It's great!

Would this be the one Question

Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=autosave.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Indeed it would. You just put the module in the modules folder, set it up (I have it so it takes 3 autosaves, not on the ground, easy enough). At worst you lose 30-60 seconds of flight (up to you) Smile

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Flying real time from KLAX to TNCM (usually about 8 hours gate to gate) Boeing 767 at FL350, good tail wind just crossed the Florida coast at 4-1/2 hours when FS crashes. Shocked Sad Confused Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

All sympathy to you my friend. (not the first time surely?)
Just to cheer you up..........
We awoke this morning to heavy frost, fog and now (1540hrs) we have wall to wall sunshine and the prospect of the same tomorrow. As once quoted in a "Monty Python," film............"Always look on the brighter side of life!"
Regards to you from England
Roger
Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

You have sunshine in England? Shocked Wink

I try to integrate my flying. After getting to TNCM in a 767, I flew a Cessna 337D to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Landed a little hard, so I borrowed a Beech Bonanza A36 and am flying back to St. Maarten. Tomorrow, I'll fly the 767 back to KLAX, hopefully, without incident.

I think it will be a while before I do another 8+ hour flight. I can only do those on days there is nothing I have to do away from home.