Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Tu-360 Repaint

GTbrett90

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:14 pm 

I was wondering if someone could repaint a Tu-360 in American Airlines colors for me? email me at : gtbrett90@hotmail.com
davec
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:10 pm 

Had a look at your Tu-360 (presumably the Avsim download) and was surprised to discover that it had mirrored textures on many parts of the a/c (similar to the FS9 default a/c). The bmp files therein make defining the actual part of the a/c that is being repainted very difficult to establish, which would entail a lot of detective work in the first instance. Because of this, the work entailed would be 20 times that of an ordinary repaint. All this points to a poor mdl file which has cut corners in the making and suggests that the a/c would be unsuitable for a lot of things, including flying. Sorry, but that's how I find it - yes, the answer is no.
GTbrett90

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:32 pm 

hey that's alright its not a big deal. I hate to be a pest but I was also wondering if anyone could paint the Boeing 2707-200 in American Airlines colors? I know I'm asking a lot but I love this airplane. Thanks in advance.
davec
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:52 am 

Hi,
Need to know which 2707 you have in mind - ie zip file name and source.
Should warn you that I have a couple of repaint jobs on the go, so wouldn't be done tomorrow as it were.
Cheers
davec
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:10 am 

Further to my last - been looking around the download sites and note that there are several 707's with old and new style AA liveries available. Suggest you have look at these as you can have them immediately and probably better than mine.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:51 pm 

The version of the 2707 is the 2707-200. And that's o.k. I've heard you are a highly regarded painter so I'd like to see what you come up with. Thanks
GTbrett90

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:53 pm 

davec
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:00 pm 

Have downloaded the 2707 and it would be feasible to paint it - do you want the old AA or new AA livery?
Remember, I did say that I have a couple of repaints on the stocks and it won't happen tomorrow as it were. Laughing
GTbrett90

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:33 pm 

New livery if you can. I'm just excited someone's painting it for me. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Thanks Davec Smile