SearchSearch 

Presentation

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I have to make a 30 min. presentation on flight tommorow -- What do you think I should talk about. I plan on discussing the whole idea behind ratings, ages, limits, etc. What else could I mention...all suggestions are welcome

9 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've done it all too often and let me tell you one thing there was always be something I left during the presentation.

Anyway hows about mentioning the cost of training, possibly the beauty of flying [if it doesn't embarrass you], what subjects you need in order to be a pilot and ummm, well I'm not too sure of what else you should possibly add.

I'm sure someone else has got some better ideas than me.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for your reply JVD>I'll look into it a little more, and let you know how the presentation goes. Very interesting things you mentioned.

PS: I apologize for my reduced attendance at Flyaway. I've just been very busy. I'm trying to squeeze in a flight here and there every now and then, but time is of the essence, and none of it remains. I'll be back just as soon as things calm down a little. Thank you for understand 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too many facts and figures make it boring.

Show and tell, have as many large pictures as possible, explain with visuals, a PowerPoint would be perfect. You can show the progression of the aircraft starting with DA Vinci then the Wright brothers to space and the new entries from Airbus and Boeing.
Tell them about all the different types, bush flying, passenger, private, barnstorming, fire-fighting, air-ambulances, military.
Use the internet, you have the worlds library at your fingertips.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for that RM 😀

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

RM's wright. I'd say make the Power Ponit colourful [as usual] and if you want their attention for some type of text/sentence, make it red because it captures peoples attention first.

If you really want to sell yourself you go by a term called AIDA.

A= attention
I = interest
D= desire
A= action

I know, I'm not the person you would expect to tell you this + you may already know it but hey, it works for me every time.

Quick Question: Did the red writing capture your attention first ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

To RadarMan and JVD ➡

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap 👍

Dear Crosscheck...Im more than sure for your success...I wish have the oppertunity and honor to watch you too. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Everyone above has made some great points, and designing a powerpoint presentation would be an excellent idea. If you do make one I'm sure we would all like to see it. 😉

Remember the KISS principle - keep it simple stupid. Like RM said don't have too many facts and figures, as people that are not into aviation will probably not take a lot of interest in the 'tech talk'.

Good luck, I am sure you will do fine,
Jarred.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Sorry about the previous post - I was careless not to look at the date, I suppose you have done it now.

My bad. Embarassed
Jarred.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for all of your help everyone. Unfortunately, time was working against me, and I couldn't do all of the research, and create a powerpoint - besides, the class doesn't have a computer. It went very, thankfully. I brought in a few pictures of the 787, a380, a320, and the cessna 172SP. I spoke about many things, including a pilots life, info. about ratings etc. Thanks for your help. I will be participating in forum talk again soon. Again, thanks for your help and patience. 😉