Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I can never seem to make up my mind.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I have come to another delima. I really love flying in FS9 and I wish that their could be one airplane that I can always fly and never get bored of. But the thing is, it has to be a single engine GA plane. Those are my favorite to fly. Does anyone know of an airplane that they use that they have constantly been flying??? I thought that the Caranado Cessna 182RG was it but not. Also my second question, I have really thought about getting the Dreamfleet Beech A36(along with my Feelthere 737 that im getting soon). It's a single engine GA plane and it looks great. So can I have you opinion on it? Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I would say trying avsim's Pilatus PC-12. If you like it's flight characteristics, flight 1 makes a payware you might enjoy

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

See FEM I was considering the F1 PC12 but it just didn't look all that geat. Also I like something smaller like the A36.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I got the A36 a couple of days ago. Fine avionics, including weather radar. Very refined flight dynamics. Very stable. The only thing you have to be careful about is on landing, if you are not paying attention to trim and flare, you might put the nose gear down first. If you fly properly, it isn't a problem.

With regard to your...err...being fickle with favorites, why do you think I've bought darn near everything out there? 😀

Flying the same plane over and over will lead to a bit of boredom in FS. That's why I fly commercial for one VA and GA in the other.

I must admit that I weave a bit of a web. When I'm between commercial flights, I fly GA or the C-130 out of the same area and then return to fly back to my hub. I may be flying all sorts of planes, but I try to put it in a framework that makes sense to me.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Jared wrote:

I have really thought about getting the Dreamfleet Beech A36(along with my Feelthere 737 that im getting soon). It's a single engine GA plane and it looks great. So can I have you opinion on it? Thanks.

I have the A36 and have enjoyed flying it. I have a hard time resisting the tempation of flying different aircraft I run accross and recently experincing withdrawal pains of not flying the A36 for some time. I think I will have to suspend expermentations for a while the A36 and DC3 keep calling to me. If you go with the A36 I think you would find a good fit. 👍 I have a problem trying to find the one perfect plane (there are so many and so little time) ❤️

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well thanks for all of your responses. The A36 really looks great but the thing that doesn't really get my attention is the avionics package. Now I know that some people would love all of those instruments. But what other airplane also got my attention was their Baron. It really looks great, IMO even better than the A36. I think I will get the Baron instead of the A36. Also the avionics package in the Baron looks much better to me. So does anyone have the Baron that they can tell me about ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Sorry, I already had two twins (310 and 337) so I got the single A36.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Thats fine CG. But UFN, I am just going to be flying my Carenado Cessna Skylane 182RG II. I really now have figured out that that is the right plane for me along with anyother Carenado GA planes I will buy in the future.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Jared wrote:

I really now have figured out that that is the right plane for me along with anyother Carenado GA planes I will buy in the future.

Give us an update after you get some time on it. I have been looking at Carenado and would like your view point. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well lkw, if you like GA planes. You will absolutly love Carenado's aircraft. The interior and exterior detail is incredable. The panel and VC is also amazing. The feel for their Cessna's are right considering that I have some time logged in a Cenna IRL. The sounds are amazing too. So if you like GA flying, I garuntee that ou will like Carenado and their aircraft. I prefer the 182RG, but that is the only plane I have bought fom them. The Piper cherokee and the Cessna Stationair also look very good. Check out www.avsim.com for their reviews too.