Flight Yoke and Pedals

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Hi folks, can anyone recommend a good flight yoke and pedals from anywhere in the UK, i am keen to hear of any reviews of these items before i purchase them.

many thanks

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Best bargain for the dollar, euro, pound: CH yoke and pedals. They work great, are very realistic, and although expensive, they are way less then many of the custom units I have seen. Some of them are 3x the price, and do little more.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i don't have a yoke but can highly recommend the CH pedals

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yep, a good solid set of CH-Yoke/Pedals will cost you a little over 200$, but it's still the cheapest way to sit yourself in a realistic environment. Although I nearly was dissatisfied with them, a little adjustment to the sensitivities and I'm loving flight eaisly 10x more now! I'm fairly certain you won't hear a bad review about them, and can find them for sale at nearly any respectable flight-sim website.

I've got Flight Sim 2004 with the CH-Yoke/Pedals and I cannot get on with the yoke for controlling the elevator. There seems to be a huge dead area in the middle of its range, so it's impossible to set rate of climb/descent with any precision, and it takes me minutes to get it trimmed for straight and level. In the real thing, you know you're in trim when no yoke force is needed.

This is the second CH yoke I've had, as I returned the first one because it had a very sticky action. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm sure my computer is up to the job (XP, 3GHz P4, 1MB RAM, GeForce FX5600 with 128MB). Can anyone recommend anything better, preferably with force feedback?

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

One question about the CH yoke (or indeed any yoke), how does it "attach" to your desk? What I mean is, when you pull it towards you to climb, will the whole thing not slide off your desk? Thanks in advance for any help clearing this up 🙂

The CH yoke has thumbscrews to attach it underneath, like a G-clamp.

Pro Member Captain

In response to the deadzone issues, that sounds very similar to my issues when I first bought the yoke. Yes the shaft is too sticky and usually requires you to stick some WD-40 grease on it to get it going. But other than that I think everything else is fixable!

In response to my dissatisfaction over the lack of force feedback and sensitivity, I was given some advice from pro-sim that transformed my experience with it, and now I don't miss the force-feedback at all!

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9154/so-i-just-purchased-ch-yoke-and/

In response to my dissatisfaction over the lack of force feedback and sensitivity, I was given some advice from pro-sim that transformed my experience with it, and now I don't miss the force-feedback at all!

And that advice was ... ?

Pro Member Captain

Sorry for not making that clear! Rather than re-posting it, just read the post I linked in my response, Pro-Sim's words are better than my own!

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

The CH yoke has thumbscrews to attach it underneath, like a G-clamp.

Never heard of thumbscrews. I assume they just clamp on to the edge of your desk? Sounds good, thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...