Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Possible to combine pedals and joystick?

cheekytrolly Guest

I'm using a top of the range joystick at the moment which works great but it didn't come with rudder pedals. I also have a logitech wingman formula GP steering wheel (for driving games) It has a brake and accelerator pedal with it. Is it possible to just use the pedals for rudder pedals in fs2004 in combination with my joystick?

If it is possible, then how do I do this?

Thanks
Andrew

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

All of the driving wheels I have seen the pedals plug into the wheel and there is no place to combine the joystick with the pedals. Windows only recognizes one game controller at a time and I don't know of any way to plug the pedals into the computer so that it would use both the stick and the pedals.

As far as I know there is no way of using them with the joystick.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

windows does recognise more than 1 at once, its the axis (plural?) it has issues with, I know someone who managed to get the setup working like that but for IL2 when they manually changed some game files

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Insight wrote:

windows does recognise more than 1 at once, its the axis (plural?) it has issues with, I know someone who managed to get the setup working like that but for IL2 when they manually changed some game files

Actually it will, I had the driving wheel plugged in once and started to fly with the joystick plugged in also. It didn't work very well. I had to unplug the driving wheel to get the joystick to work properly.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

axis (plural?)

axes 😉