Transition view with S key

Pro Member Trainee
JR (sobi44) Trainee

Hello,

old simmer but a new FS2004 user on my very brand new Centrino laptop with 1Mo Ram and a GE Gorce 6800 Nvidia. all went well on the install but a problem surge when cycling among the views with the S key : normally I always tick the transition mode and use either the loop or other view mode to focus smootly on my favourite plane but with that FS04 install, it does not take it in account; the S key shows a brutal transition.
I've been asking on french forum for a fortnight but with no answer till now.
Is anyone has a clue regarding this?
thanks for your help
JR

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

On a related s key "views" question, how come when I go to the control tower view it always only shows the control tower of the airport I departed from? I fly IFR to another airport, and even as I land there the tower view is from the tower of the airport I took off from.

Is there anyway to change that? Thanks...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sobi44 wrote:

Hello,

old simmer but a new FS2004 user on my very brand new Centrino laptop with 1Mo Ram and a GE Gorce 6800 Nvidia. all went well on the install but a problem surge when cycling among the views with the S key : normally I always tick the transition mode and use either the loop or other view mode to focus smootly on my favourite plane but with that FS04 install, it does not take it in account; the S key shows a brutal transition.
I've been asking on french forum for a fortnight but with no answer till now.
Is anyone has a clue regarding this?
thanks for your help
JR

I could probably give you an answer... the problem is I don't understand your question - Dont Know

Guest Ed Guest

sobi44,

Welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your first question, either. In two years of hanging around this place, I can't recall anyone asking about smoothing the transition when changing views. I didn't even know that was an option in FS09. But if it worked to your satisfaction on a different computer and it doesn't work on your laptop, I have to wonder whether the laptop graphics card is up to the job. Laptops aren't known for being great machines for games, unless they are built specifically for that purpose.

However, I can answer the question about the tower view. It is the normal function of FS09 that the tower stays at the departure airport throughout the flight, unless you move it.

You can move the tower by opening the map and dragging the tower icon. It is intended to be used to give you an external view of the aircraft, for instance if you want to practice landings you can move the tower right next to the runway and get a good view of your landing. It stays wherever you put it.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Cool Ed, thanks for that! But is there anyway to get the "actual" tower of the airport I'm arriving at? I might not know exactly where a good place to drag the tower to is, thanks!

Guest Ed Guest

JTH wrote:

Cool Ed, thanks for that! But is there anyway to get the "actual" tower of the airport I'm arriving at? I might not know exactly where a good place to drag the tower to is, thanks!

Hmm, not that I know of. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...