SearchSearch 

Greekman's on fire!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

WOW, look at how many posts Greekman72 has made! He's only been here a few months too. 😀

67 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LooooooL.....

Well you missed the party of 1k my friend my-pilot but maybe there some juice(you are a young man)left...

We have celebrate for a load of 1k of garbages... ROFL ROFL ROFL

There is no meaning to numbers my friend.The meaning is these posts to be constitutional.And i ensure you that the majority of mine arent such kind... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Nice sig. I love that plane.

Pro Member Chief Captain

There is no meaning to numbers my friend

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell my math teacher!!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

👍

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Greekmans party was great, I had to much Greek wine, I won't go into it though...

Nice to see you back at flyaway mypilot!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

Bad boy

Pro Member Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Greekmans party was great, I had to much Greek wine, I won't go into it though...

Nice to see you back at flyaway mypilot!

Yeah...where have you been...hip...Mypilot?
Oh man, Greekman's party was nice...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah...where have you been...hip...Mypilot?
Oh man, Greekman's party was nice...

Just busy with everything.

Pro Member Chief Captain

School specially, right? It's good for you to study and learn new things.
By the way, math is the best subject! 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

School specially, right? It's good for you to study and learn new things.
By the way, math is the best subject! 😀

The best subject? No way!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes it is! 😎 It's the only subject that I don't get bored when studying it.
The others were bored to me. Yucky

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Some parts of maths isn't too bad I suppose.
I hate algebra though, especially when you have to do those equstion things like this:

11p - 6a = 6a + 3p.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

I hate algebra though, especially when you have to do those equstion things like this:

11p - 6a = 6a + 3p.

That comes out to 8p = 12a
p = 12
a = 8

11(12) - 6( 8 ) = 6( 8 ) + 3(12)
132 - 48 = 48 + 36
84 = 84
Where's my prize? ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Chris102 wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

11p - 6a = 6a + 3p.

That comes out to 8p = 12a
p = 12
a = 8

132 - 48 = 48 + 36
84 = 84
Where's my prize? ROFL

Group Wave

Maths is the science of numbers.Who was the one that mixed them with letters Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad ❓ ..... ❓

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Yeah you would't think it would have letters but it does. ❓

Sorry, no prize for you Chris 😂

Good work though! Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I HATE ALGEBRA it's evil
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I'll have to agree with you on that Liono! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Maths is the science of numbers.Who was the one that mixed them with letters

To answer your question Greekman, it was my student Albert E..

A word, if I may to all of you who 'hate' maths. Maths, like so many other "things" in life are concepts of our mind. Ergo, if you 'hate' maths you hate yourself. (So much for a wholesome lifestyle).
Besides, hating anything that is not human is absolutely futile because it cannot hate you back in return. (Not that I condone hating humans either). I deem it a cowardly act to hate something that cannot defend itself.

...and that's all I have to say to that.

Oh, one more thing... have you haters of maths ever wondered where our beloved aviation would be today without MATHS ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Does 'dislike' maths sound better Tailhook?
It is not that I can't do maths, as I am resonably good at it, I just dislike it, that all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

It is not that I can't do maths, as I am resonably good at it, I just dislike it, that all.

My compliments Jarred, you're a thinker - dislike is appropriate and humane. If you dislike someone for example you're not likely to go and put an end to his life. -- And as most of us probably have experienced, dislike can be turned into like with a little effort.
To turn hatred into love on the other hand is a gargantuan task - unfortunately in most cases left unaccomplished.

Any topic/subject - including maths - can be comprehended in an enjoyable way if presented in the right context and by a capable tutor.

Happy landings,
Rick 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

My compliments Jarred, you're a thinker - dislike is appropriate and humane. If you dislike someone for example you're not likely to go and put an end to his life. -- And as most of us probably have experienced, dislike can be turned into like with a little effort.
To turn hatred into love on the other hand is a gargantuan task - unfortunately in most cases left unaccomplished.

Any topic/subject - including maths - can be comprehended in an enjoyable way if presented in the right context and by a capable tutor.

Happy landings,
Rick 😀

Well said Tailhook. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

To answer your question Greekman, it was my student Albert E..

Well my friend Tailhook i was made a rhetorical question and i know that you get it... 😉

About my ungle 😉 which ,with much surprize, i figure out that he was your student,with all the respect to his great offer to humanity,he was not the one that add the letters in maths.

We must run back many many years to Find Pithagoras(Proud 😉 for my ancient ancestor)and especially Babilonians and Egypts in order to discover the roots of Algebra. Idea

Although i agree with you and with others about this very useful science.We have to admit ,even if we deslike, that civilazation development is based on maths.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I know you'll forgive me for testing your alertness. Of course, Pythagoras was the early giant of mathematics.

This is a true story which occured a few years ago:

While waiting for a bus, a man approached with a book tucked under his arm to join the cue. After the mandatory nod of acknowledgement and to initiate a bit of small talk I asked: "Good book?" The stranger answered: "The best. It's my textbook - I'm off to see my teacher." He let me copy the title of the book and I had hardly finished when his bus arrived. On boarding the bus he turned to me and said: "You're a number 9."
Those were the only words spoken between the stranger and me - and I never saw him again.
I bought the book the very same day and buried myself in it. I found that I was indeed a number 9.
Let's not argue about believe, superstition, hocus-pocus and what not - that's irrelevant in this case. The point in question is "how did this stranger know that I was a number nine by just looking at me??" 😳'
I still have the book : ISBN: 0-914918-10-9

So what has all of this got to do with the price of a decent motherboard you might ask?
Well, you'll just have to read it. Of course, Pythagoras was the inspiration for this great work.

---------------------------Omnia in numeris sita sunt.---------------------------

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

What was number 9?Maybe i miss something form the meaning of your dialog Embarassed ....

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Oh, one more thing... have you haters of maths ever wondered where our beloved aviation would be today without MATHS ❓ ❓ ❓

I don't hate maths just algebra maths I can do. Pithagoras & Trig I can just get my head around. I understand the importance of math in aviation but my chances of ever becoming a airline pilot and using maths is very slime.

As we're on the sublect of math how many of us use calculators here? And how many use the must powerfull calculator around (our brain)?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

What was number 9?Maybe i miss something form the meaning of your dialog Embarassed ....

According to this Pythagorean science every individual is ruled by a number. There are only 9 numbers.

Let's say your birthday is on the 12th day of the 7th month of the year 1978.
You would add up 12 + 7 + 1978 or to be more precise:
1 + 2 + 7 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 8 = 35
As in this Pythagorean system there are only 9 numbers there can only be 1 digit instead of 2. '35' being a two digit number we have to convert it into a one digit value by adding up 3 + 5 which will give us the number 8.
So if your birthday is July 12, 1978 - you are a number 8.

Of course this is only the tip of the iceberg. I would however like to draw your attention to one of several peculiarities regarding the number nine.

Take the above example: 1 + 2 + 7 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 8 = 35 ergo 3 + 5=8
Now do the same thing but omit the number 9 : 1 + 2 + 7 + 1 + 7 + 8 = 26... now to arrive at a single digit add up 2 + 6 and surprise surprise : 8!!

Another one:
1x9= 9
2x9= 18 -- 1+8=9
3x9= 27 -- 2+7=9
4x9= 36 -- 3+6=9
5x9= 45 -- 4+5=9
6x9= 54 -- 5+4=9
7x9= 63 -- 6+3=9
8x9= 72 -- 7+2=9
9x9= 81 -- 8+1=9
10x9= 90 -- 9+0=9
11x9= 99 -- 9+9=18 -- 1+8=9
12x9=108 -- 1+0+8=9
...you get the drift. Now let's be courageous - take any number you wish and multiply it by 9 - how about... 28741 x 9 = 258669. Let's do the adding up: 2 + 5 + 8 + 6 + 6 + 9 = 36 --- 3 + 6 = 9.

This is merely a glimpse into the pythagorean mind. Err... who said maths is boring?? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

WooooooW.... Punk Punk Punk

Excellent kind of infromation ❗ Exciting ❗
Thank you very much Tailhook. Clap Clap Clap

BTW im number 3.

Your number nine seems to be the center of the universe. 😉
You are Atlas.... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

WooooooW.... Punk Punk Punk

Excellent kind of infromation ❗ Exciting ❗
Thank you very much Tailhook. Clap Clap Clap

BTW im number 3.

Your number nine seems to be the center of the universe. 😉
You are Atlas.... 😉

I have a whole chapter here on the number 3 but for brevity's sake I will only mention the keywords: expansive, sociable, dramatic, communicative, diversified, creative.

Not a bad testament to a man who has a tendency to smash plates for no apparent reason whatsoever ROFL ROFL ROFL

Atlas - I do feel like Atlas in times of despair like we all do - I don't seem to find the connection with the number 9 however... how about dropping a hint my honoured friend from Hellas?

PS: I like this board - no danger of going off topic and being reprimanded by the thought police haha... Tee Hee No, No! Tee Hee Tee Hee

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

how about dropping a hint my honoured friend from Hellas?

No way... 😉 Whip Poke in Eye Whip ROFL
Get a litle in trouble to search it... 😉

PS: I like this board - no danger of going off topic and being reprimanded by the thought police haha...

So do I... 😂 Who can ever thought that my-pilots gently post would turn to a scientist topic about maths,parapsychology,ancient history and who knows what else...Its very interesting to jump from the one point to another just from a simple spark... ❗

This is the glory of humans mind... ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

That was an interesting reading! 😀

Rick, what can you tell me about the number 4?

The number 9 was always my favorite number, really. I like that number. 😉

EDIT: Chris, how did you get that a=8 and p=12?
You can't find A and P with only one equation. You need two equations to find out A and P.

So in 11p - 6a = 6a + 3p the final answer would be 8p=12a. You can make it simpler by giving 2p = 3a as a final answer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

The number 9 was always my favorite number, really. I like that number. 😉

EDIT: Chris, how did you get that a=8 and p=12?
You can't find A and P with only one equation. You need two equations to find out A and P.

So in 11p - 6a = 6a + 3p the final answer would be 8p=12a. You can make it simpler by giving 2p = 3a as a final answer.

I subsituted 8 for A and 12 for P.
I solved it as a "Guess & Check Problem" 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

When you have 8p = 12a you can't do anything else. That's the final answer. To solve this
132 - 48 = 48 + 36
84 = 84

you need 8p = 12a and another equation. Then do the system of equations.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Sorry Agus , I almost missed this one... ...how does one rid oneself of trivial pursuits such as work, sleep, sustenance and the like??? Evil or Very Mad

The number 4 - as in Greekman's case (wait till I get my hands on him!), I will only quote the keywords: form, work, order, practicality, construction, stability, endurance, discipline.
There you have it. As mentioned earlier, if you want a more in depth analysis all you have to do is take the ISBN number to your local bookshop or library and the friendly staff will be too happy to assist you.
All will be revealed... ...ooouuuhh 😳 Fear

But don't worry - science is scary only to those with the wrong mindset 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hey Tailhook can you please check your glass ball about the weather between LGAV - LGIO cause i plant a real time flight with my Howard this afternoon and i want to know the adrenalin level of my passengers.... 😉

Poke in Eye

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Umm... LGIO?? Your destination seems a bit too close for comfort to the national border - unless you're on the run or are involved in 'people smuggling' - anyway - none of my bussiness.
The weather report is ready to be posted to you... there's just this tiny little problem, you see Blink It's been almost twenty-four hours that you've left me in the lurch like a blind man in the desert looking for the connection between Atlas and the number 9. I don't deserve this kind of treatment and my glass ball has run out of batteries. Evil or Very Mad
So... what's it gonna be - the 'connection' for the 'weather report' Juggle or... you flying virtually blind toward your dubious destination Devil

And please... don't even try and remind me of poor old Tantalus to justify you torturing me

Last edited by Tailhook on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

🙂) 🙂) 🙂)

Well i prefer torture you like Gods do to Prometheus....Im not accept the exchange you offer Poke in Eye

I prefer fly and ...arghhhhhhhhhh.....instead of give you the solution... Poke in Eye

Altough im impressed cause a genius(and i mean it seriously ❗ )like you dont see the obvious...except if you havent a pic of Atlas holding the earth... 😉

Wacko

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry to disappoint you Greekman - but to apply the Prometheus torture to me would be of no avail and you're just wasting your time. You see, when I was a baby, my mother accidentally dropped me into a huuuuge barell of Retsina and I was only found after I had drunk all of its contents.
As a result the gods took pity on me and let me continue living without a liver. Effectively you would be torturing the eagle instead of me - because it would simply starve to death!! - ...and don't forget that Hercules will shortly arrive on the scene and then you will be in real trouble

So... Whistle ...why won't you send me a pic of Atlas holding the earth?? Blush

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No i wont... Poke in Eye and i wont cause with this nice history you just releated, i have to recall the compellation Atlas and give you a new one which is the correct one...

OBELIX... ROFL ROFL ROFL Poke in Eye
So i must find now if there is a connection between number 9 and this great guy... 😉 😂

Anyway i have to wait about 2 weeks for get an answer for Oprah...so be patient my friend... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Okay, have it your way - I'll find the answer in the end. Read

But don't come begging and asking me how I knew that you are a Gemini according to the Zodiac system without you ever having told me your date of birth.
Connection between number 9 and Obelix? Here you can learn from me my friend... Obelix and I where drinking buddies long before the Romans foolishly decided to pay a visit to Gaulle... the rest is history.

Oprah... grrr - I always knew the woman was trouble Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Gemini...???Who...???Me...???Nooooooo.....Wrong.... ❗ ❗ ❗

I think that women in your life gets you in big troubles.... 😉 Whip

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

Sorry Agus , I almost missed this one... ...how does one rid oneself of trivial pursuits such as work, sleep, sustenance and the like??? Evil or Very Mad

The number 4 - as in Greekman's case (wait till I get my hands on him!), I will only quote the keywords: form, work, order, practicality, construction, stability, endurance, discipline.
There you have it. As mentioned earlier, if you want a more in depth analysis all you have to do is take the ISBN number to your local bookshop or library and the friendly staff will be too happy to assist you.
All will be revealed... ...ooouuuhh 😳 Fear

But don't worry - science is scary only to those with the wrong mindset 😉

Sorry for getting in between your nicely conversation, but I want to say to Rick thank you for that information 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Don't apologise for butting into this 'conversation' Agus, this is after all the Off Topic Forum. The way I read it, it's meant to take our minds off the very serious bussiness of simming.

In short - going OT means going OT ...right?? Read

Nothing wrong with a little bit of fun and in my opinion anybody should feel free to join and say what they wanna say... err... 🤔 ...as long as it's 'off topic' --- does this make sense? 🍅

Tee Hee Tee Hee

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry for getting in between your nicely conversation, but I want to say to Rick thank you for that information

You dont have to be sorry about nothing Captain Agus ❗ .I have to agree with dear Tailhook to all what he states in the post above. 😉

Maybe i give him a Credit cause he is a good writter... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, thanks 😉

You are right Rick about the Off Topic Forum, and I agree.

Well, guys in a few minutes I'm leaving to Spain for some vacations. Will be back on sunday. I'll catch you later 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Ok, thanks 😉

You are right Rick about the Off Topic Forum, and I agree.

Well, guys in a few minutes I'm leaving to Spain for some vacations. Will be back on sunday. I'll catch you later 😀

Enjoy your vacation and don't forget to bring back some pics!!

FLAMENCO !! ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

One man's trouble is another man's pleasure ❗ ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Get some pics Captain Agus... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

One man's trouble is another man's pleasure ❗ ROFL

Yes indeed and i enjoy it too much... Poke in Eye

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Have a great time in Spain!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Home sweet home... 😉

I arrived from my vacations 2 hours ago. It was great. I went to a little old town called Gredos near Viana do Bolo to visit my old uncle from my mother's side. I went there three or four times and I pretty like that place. It's a very old town, but peacefull.

Here's some pictures I have. One thing, I didn't take those pictures. It was my sister.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/Agus0404/Gredos/

In this small town, only a very few people live there. 98% of them are old people, but they are very friendly.

I stayed at an hotel in Viana do Bolo, which is a bigger city. It's not that old as Gredos.

Enjoy the pics!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

GREAT...AWESOME 👏 👏 👏

Excellent shots Captain Agus 👍

These sceneries and buildings reminds me a lot my parents mountainous birthplace.

Thanks a lot 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome Greekman! 😉 I have more pictures stored in my computer. I didn't post them all because I have 4 folders each containing like 200 pictures. But I can post some more if you want.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

It will be a plesure for me and i think for the others too.Wait for more responces and then upload some more of them. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus, you can tell your sister that she is a very talented photographer. These are the most beautiful photographs I have seen for a long time.
I have one question - where is Viana do Bolo - what province? If you can upload more pics, please do. These are vacations you will remember for the rest of your life. Thanks for sharing these images! 👏

Pro Member Chief Captain

I will post more pics later. I promise 😉

Rick, my sister likes so much photography. She has lots of artistic and picturesque pictures in her files. She even was the photographer of IMUN (Iberian Model United Nations) 😳 at school.

Viana do Bolo is located in Ourense, Galicia.

And finally, thanks for the nice comments. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here you go! More pictures for you guys. It's the same album but with more pictures 😉

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/Agus0404/Gredos/?sc=1

A320 and A340-600 action coming soon 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Excellent...Great...one by one. 👏 👏 👏

Very nice job and i could guess from a good camera. ❗

Congratulations to your sister and million thanks to you Captain Agus for these peaceful and colorful moments you gave us.

Thanks a lot my friend. Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Greekman for your comments! That place is entirely peacefull. You don't hear the noise of the cars, horns, helicopters, airplanes, etc. The only noises you can hear are the footsteps, flooding water, the wind, and people talking, of course.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You give us icons...now you give us audio too....the only thing is missing is smells... 😉 😉 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

The smells are very good too. No trash around, so it always smells good. They keep the trash in trash cans and those trash cans are kept in a very small and abandoned house.
The past days it rained there so the grass was wet, and during the night you could smell the grass, the plants, and straw.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My friend Captain Agus you describe them so well and you remind me so much my lovely parents birthplace.... 🙂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thank you Greekman 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just downloaded the new set of pics. They are so beautiful... you know you can tell by the crisp colors how clean the air must be.

The one for us 'aviation fans' Agus - my eyesight isn't what it used to be but I have no doubt that you managed to identify the a/c 😳

I take it it was one of the Airbus family??? Whistle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

my eyesight isn't what it used to be

Well well well....Allow me to doubt about it my friend...Even your eyes starts to get tired cause of age your mind eyes is sharper more than others...and this is more important... ❗ ❗ ❗

By the way...from respect for your age i could help you avoid somethings that maybe tired you and cause you problems...so i offer my self to you to share the load of CZJ and Avasta which you have keep them for yourself... Poke in Eye Poke in Eye Poke in Eye Its obvious that this load is too much for you... Poke in Eye Whip 🙂) 🙂) 🙂)

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's time for you to check your eyesight Greekman, because I'm coming to get you

This can hardly be called a pre-dawn raid - seeing that it's about 11:00 hrs.

Just call it... Tailhook on the prowl... ...or - the Vulture is circling Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LooooooL

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Put your hands down from the one of the seven miracles of world my friend...Its forbidden and im sitting somewhere around with my flak gun... Ha Ha

Anyway i see a very nice screenshot there.Great Job my friend. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Just downloaded the new set of pics. They are so beautiful... you know you can tell by the crisp colors how clean the air must be.

The one for us 'aviation fans' Agus - my eyesight isn't what it used to be but I have no doubt that you managed to identify the a/c 😳

I take it it was one of the Airbus family??? Whistle

It's an A318!!! 😂

Neither you or me knows that. I can be right or wrong. It's way to hard to tell which aircraft was that at that altitude.

And thanks for your comments 😀