AP or Alt Hold Question

Pro Member Trainee
nickandlisa80 Trainee

If I am wanting to maintain an altitude, without worrying about
fiddling with the joystick, would I use AP master or Alt hold, or
both?
Also, how does it know at what alt I want it to hold at, when I try
and engage them, it either wants to climb or descend.
thanks, nick

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

The AP master turns on the autopilot. Use ALT hold to stay at altitude or (depending on the equipment) set a climb or decent rate and level off at a preset altitude. HEADING will follow the heading bug on the DG and NAV will track a VOR, Localiazer or GPS course. Approach is used to follow the decent path and heading of the ILS localizer/glideslope. The REV button is used to track inbound on the backcourse of a localizer. I hope this helps.

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

Nikeandlisa80, try looking at the radio stack. If you use a key stroke to select altitude hold, the plane will level off and the altitude you are currently at. If you click on 'alt' on the radio stack, you will climb or decend to the altitude you input on the stack.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...