Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Only one winner.

Who do you think will outlast the other?
Airbus
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Boeing
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]

Total Votes : 16

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

People often say that the worlds tourism is increasing, yet there is only room for one of the large aircraft making companies. So who do you think will outlast the other and why?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not too sure really, but I hope its Boeing 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I have no idea 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Me neither. Both companies are great. I don't think that one company would outlast the other. But for the sake of this I would say Airbus would do it 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Not AGAIN---- Baby

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I'm no t sure either. Airbus could win in the end because of it's automatted flight controls and systems.
But when boeing releases the 787, I think that it will blow airbus away.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The answer is neither, and thankfully so! If one crushed the other, our plane quality would certainly go down hill! Basic economics folks, when one company has a monopoly, services get costlier and quality goes down...

Thanks to the two of them spurring eachother on to better aircraft, the market balences out nicely in the push for fuel-efficient long and medium range planes! Airbus produces the A380 for long range, Boeing pulls out the 748 and 772LR. Boeing comes up with the 787 for midrange, and Airbus develops the A350 to rival it. I love watching the market develop 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

If Boeing sticks to planes that don't require airports to spend millions upgrading, Boeing will win.

The smartest thing airports can do now is to say no to the upgrades needed for the A380.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I sure hope it's Boeing!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

The smartest thing airports can do now is to say no to the upgrades needed for the A380.

I don't agree with that, sorry. Upgrading an airport costs money, I know. But afterall the improvements are worth. In the next years, more airports will upgrade to fit the A380 so they will have more passengers and get more money.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Well, frankly I think both companies will survive.

Airbus has the wind of the newcomer and innovator working for it. The planes are high tech with lots of innovative concepts, design, materials and procedures.

Boeing has the sturdiness of tradition. Boeing planes are (usually) tried and true, convenient, economic, easy to get and maintain. Just look at the 737 and you'll get the picture.

As for the airports, of course airports will upgrade for the A380, the B787 and then again for the A400, the B800 etc. That's what airports do! Don't expect to see the aforementioned planes land at Backwater Regional, but the main transatlantic (and transpacific - I should have said transcontinental) hubs will upgrade.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I think Boeing and their 747 and 787 will outstand Airbus. I was reading an article that said many airports are thinking that the A380 will cause ATC headaches, because nearby traffic have to be, I think, 15 miles out. This would be a real problem at busy airports, like Heathrow and Frankfurt.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

My guess is that the 380 is not going to find itself in wide enough use to make such upgrades cost effective. Airlines are still in the mind-set of matching each other flight for flight. They don't want to lose passengers who just have to fly at 4 PM rather than 3 PM. With that many planes in the air, they can not possibly fill up A380s

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

My guess is that the 380 is not going to find itself in wide enough use to make such upgrades cost effective. Airlines are still in the mind-set of matching each other flight for flight. They don't want to lose passengers who just have to fly at 4 PM rather than 3 PM. With that many planes in the air, they can not possibly fill up A380s

I totally agree. Yes Yes Yes

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I realize the apprehension and resentment, natural emotions toward a "competitor". I do hope though, for the sake of aviation if nothing else, that the Cassandras will be wrong this time 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

i think that in the end Airbus will buy out Boeing and they will merge into one making lovely tree fairies 🙂

And just a note, somebody sed "15 miles out, this will be a ...." this is very stupid as a 747 is 5 miles out a a a380 will land on shorter runways than a 747 so it will only need like 2 miles the same as normal traffic.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

And just a note, somebody sed "15 miles out, this will be a ...." this is very stupid as a 747 is 5 miles out a a a380 will land on shorter runways than a 747 so it will only need like 2 miles the same as normal traffic.

Um...What?