Will Microsoft Launch Flight Simulator 2006?

Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

hi guys with the success of FS2004 do u think that microsoft will be launching FS2006 in the next couple of years.
what aircrafts would u like to have in this pack. any improvements any new features.
thanks for the replies
bye

Answers 56 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I think their will be major improvements - mainly with the ground scenery/terrain mapping... etc. I also belive we could expect a release sometime like July next year (2005)!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🤔 I'd like to see them incorporate an easy setting that will load AI and traffic into the Sim just as "Ultimate Traffic" does now.
One of the simple things that I would like to see (as a by the pants flyer) is a keystroke that would put a compass on the top right of the screen, some of the aircraft don't have them. Idea
When will it come out, late 2005, early 2006 if it has new items, earlier if it's just a upgraded rehash of FS9. Unsure

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

I agree with FlyAway. I think major scenery improvements are the best shot for the new release, whenever that may be.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

Has Microsoft released any patches for its flight sim in the past? Do you think there will an update to FS2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

There was a patch released for fs2000 but nothing for fs9
I do not think any patches will come from microsoft because I think (like flyaway) fs10 is not that far away
Fs10 will probably have some improvement to the scenery and weather(although fs9 weather/clouds are the best yet I think we will be in for a real treat)
Also probably moving gates and ground vehicles
Some of the little things that 2002 had,like moving lights on roads will probably also make a come back

Will any of this come true? or is it just wishful thinking Dont Know

Pro Member Trainee

I hope it is not just wishful thinking. However, I will probably have to buy a new system in order to run the new flight sim.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

jimmyglockner wrote:

I hope it is not just wishful thinking. However, I will probably have to buy a new system in order to run the new flight sim.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Umm... Microsoft made a lot of noise about the fact that fs9 could run on older spec systems.
The min requirements for fs9 were/are 450 mhz PC & 8mb video card ROFL ROFL

So hang on in there with your old PC untill YOU need to upgrade
You never know Ms might just get it right
One thing for sure we will need again is another nocd crack

Pro Member Trainee

I sure hope you are right, TomtheTank.

Happy flying.

JImmyGlockner

i would like to have 767s, 757, 727, Md 80, Dash 8 and have real life airlines

ex: British Airways

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

You can get all that and more, read this post.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/967/my-new-ultimate-traffic-arrived/ 👍

i would like to see more sea planes (the old ones with boat type hulls)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I whole-heartedly agree with you! We few, proud ATP pilots seem to (in my onion, at least) have been let down by the mediocre selection of aircraft for our choosing, now mind you, I fully understand the reason for all these old planes, as it is the century of flight and all. But I still think that more commercial planes, as well as more busch type aircraft should be in order soon! I really like all the ones here, dont get me wrong, but we need MORE!!! MORE!!! *ahem*...sorry 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master.
See what you like here. It's probably the finest collection of "big bus's" that you can find in one place, that are beautifully made.

http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

I want a Saturn IV, space shuttle and a paper plane !-)

A hang glider would be so very good too

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

A space shuttle would be cool. lol, i'd fly a paper plane, it'd be weird, but fun i bet. 😀

Thanks a million for the website, RadarMan, I almost wet myself when i saw it! Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here is a paper plane, "paprplan.zip".

Charlieoneseven Guest

FS2004 is my first sim since Navy carriers in dos many years ago.
From what i have been reading here some of the basics are still missing MS, windshield wipers, a co-pilot,, my hands & feet when I look down all there is are peddals!, a cup of coffee on at least the long flights, a look out of the cabin over the wing like previous versions I hear have and some of the previous version A/C including the space shuttle. I can think of a few options I'd like to see in a new version like multi monitor programming so they can be fed from one PC without third party software, more forgiving frame rates so it doesn't stutter down low or taxing with some of the less than ideal PC's and more military A/C transports, fighters, and recon. If I had owned previous versions of FS I'd proabley have a longer wish list. 😂

cpgrant Guest

The aircrafts should be more real!

All instruments and buttons in a real aircraft should be interactive including:

Buttons on overhead panel
Buttons on center console
Flight management system buttons
Real pressurization controls
Real engine start procedure on jets

If this is not possible on all aircrafts, there should be a few "real" aircrafts included in terms of buttons, switches, and instrumentation.

In Fly II there were some examples of aircrafts where all buttons and instruments simulated the real aircraft very,very closely.

Pro Member Trainee
HunterKiller87 Trainee

I have been thinking more along these lines:
-Realistic thermals of highways, buildings, or other objects?
-I am becomming a pilot this summer after school ends, but why does the IAS indicator change with altitude? Is it a bug? Shouldn't it stay the same? As you increase altitude, you decrease density of air and thus less strain on fuselage. But as you increase your IAS it would be the same thing as if you were at a lower altitude, only you have a higher ground speed, right?
-More realistic crash effects
-Jet blast???? 😂 Wake turbulance???? 😳
-Better use of ATC:
ATC uses multiple, unparralel runways at once?
ATC deviates you from your flight plan to avoid weather, traffic, etc.
ATC allowes you to arrive at a alternate destination?
ATC changes runways as weather changes; ex. winds, fog, etc.
ATC has holding patterns to help space out the much needed seperation
AND....
I know that there is Traffic options out there....but it would really be nice if Microsoft included real scheduals of flights....it does not matter if the scheduals are old, as long as they are somewhat recent.

I would like to see a Cubana Airliner, something new and unexpected. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I'd like to see more realistic physics. X-Plane pulls this off BEAUTIFULLY with VERY realistic physics and flow dynamics. The same planes in the two different programs feel worlds apart. See www.x-plane.com for a demo version.

Also the scenery must be improved, perhaps Microsoft will take over GetMapping 😳

Dave.

jacosmit Guest

Hi guys
How could they upgrade FS?
 The suggestion about separate VC’s is interesting. Could be done, but rather just add support to liaise the VC, since some of the VC’s is quite big.
 Make ATC and AI more intelligent, add some dynamics to flight lines and so forth. Add default ladders and walkways. FS knows more or less where the doors are located, doesn’t it. Make the ladders and walkways adjust to your aircraft’s doors. Get some apron traffic going. What about ground crew telling you left, right, centre, stop etc.
 Teach ATC and AI to respond to Airac information (make it updatable as per www.navdata.at). Obey no fly areas, speed and altitude limits, different transition altitudes etc.
 Yes, please give me a semi-intelligent virtual co-pilot, make him do call-outs, give him minor control over flap settings, gear etc. All adjustable of course.
 The issue over overhead control (and more) buttons: Go and see PMDG’s B737NG as an example.
 Add natural weather deviation and climate control. When creating a normal flight at Johannesburg Intl during mid afternoon, the temperature will certainly not be 15 degrees Celcius, more like 32degrees, heavy dry air that could change into a thunderstorm in 25 minutes, like in real life. Durban (FADN) is always hot throughout the year and Cape Town (FACT) is wet in the winter.
 Let a door opening at FL300 depressurize your cabin.
 Let wings, flaps and other control surfaces really rip of the aircraft if their speeds are exceeded. Simulate it, show it.
 Add a Virtual Carreer, logging complete flights and let you e-mail these to you Virtual Airline.
 Make the head bob and shake by default, as what Active Camera does.
 Give voice control.

Anything else…?

Most of these suggestions is available through expensive or free add-ons,

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Maybe we as members of Fly Away can organize a comprehensive list of improvements that we would like to see and submit it to Microsoft for consideration. Afterall, with a membership of 22,889 we should have some power to control the future of a software we are all so dedicated to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your idea about a list is an excellent one, we did it for a golf sim a few years ago.

Here is the feedback page of Flight Simulator.
I sent them a suggestion a while back and received a polite reply. Will they do what I suggested, I don't know but I'd like to think that I've helped.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

That's cool, I was thinking that if we had a way to compile a top ten(or what ever) wish list that we all agree on, and send it as an organization it might add value.

Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

i am with u for a top ten improvements list and sending it to microsoft.just let me know
happy flying

Miltopaeus Guest

I remember playing FS1998 with the New York map, some skyscrapers and all. I started looking about info of the next Microsoft FS because I'd like to see any FS with excellent detail and graphics features. I might buy any FS with those features. Hmm... now that I think about this, I'm afraid the Microsoft fares will be way too much for; atleast 75 euros, right? Or even 150 euros? Damn the capitalists... 😕

Aircraft sounds could be vastly improved. For example, it there are two players online with the same aircraft, say a Hurricane or P51 and yours has a nice Merlin engine sound - then your buddy taxies up next to you and what do you hear??? a Cessna. Your buddy's Hurricane should not sound like a Cessna - it should sound like a Merlin engine.

Further, if a DC-3 taxies near you, it should sound like a DC-3 - not another Cessna. It should make the same sound that your DC-3 makes. My DC-3 certainly doesn't sound like a Cessna and I bet your's doesn't either.

You should be able to identify another aircraft just by the sound it makes -even before you see it.
Anyway - there's my two cents worth, thanks for listening....

Bonden

FS2006 Guest

😂 I like Fs2004 but i am disappointed that the scenery around Canadian cities like Toronto, Oshawa and CFB(8Wing) Trenton seem to lack the detail that other cities have. 😕 Also military bases should have military default traffic and have better detail.

Aircraft i would like to see are: Concorde,767, 757, MD-80 and military aircraft! and more helicopters and reapaints for all aircraft 😎

Philster Guest

IN FS 2006, it would be GREAT if we didn't have American voices for ALL ATC/Pilots....maybe american for North America - British for Britain... Australian for Australasia, Chinese for Asia etc etc.

PLUS - smoke/flames for engine stikes, birds around airports - and EMERGENY LANDINGS - so that we can clear other planes to make an emergency landing - that would be SOOOOOOO cool!!

Rambunctious wrote:

Flightgear does have a hang glider and a Space Shuttle.

www.flightgear.org

.................uh Guest

tomthetank wrote:

jimmyglockner wrote:

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Umm... Microsoft made a lot of noise about the fact that fs9 could run on older spec systems.
The min requirements for fs9 were/are 450 mhz PC & 8mb video card ROFL ROFL

So hang on in there with your old PC untill YOU need to upgrade
You never know Ms might just get it right
One thing for sure we will need again is another nocd crack

I got the thing running on lowest settings on my 966MHz (1 gig) PC and it has a hard time. ROFL.. I doubt it would run on a 450MHz PC.

planeman Guest

😀 The airport and near area of of real interest to any pilot. Therefore detail to structures, buildings, taxiways, and photo like detail of airports would be great. Also as many pilots will be changing from dials to glass cockpit in the near future it would help if some of the basic training aircraft are available in both formats. A conversion course or instruction would be great.

labradorman` Guest

wrote:

i would like to see more sea planes (the old ones with boat type hulls)

especially, DHC6...... twin otter

chef wasuda Guest

personally, i would really like to sea weather radars and terrain radars installed, u no, things like that, and i would also really love to see emergency landings installed in the new flight sim. hope they do include those,

ps. i defintiely need a new computer, and much faster one to play teh new flight sim, my flight sim 9 is laggy

chef wasuda Guest

the wish for list goes on and on and on,
wing flexes, airbuses instead of just beoings, more cockpit features, a captain and copilot like actually sitting in hte cockpit, better scenery for other cities aroudn the world, more realistic traffic volumes and blah blah blah, u guys know what i mean.
anywayz, i doubt they'll hav all this in 2006, probably in 10 another couple years, mayb

I WANT A FOKKER 50 CONCORDE AIRBUS 340 AND 380 BOEING 757 AND 767 BAE 146

guest Guest

I WANT THE MD 83, CRJ 700 & 900 BOEING 727

AND I WANT KNOW WHEN WILL BE AVAILABLE? 😂
MY EMAIL IS ARTURODIAZ60@msn.com
thank you Whistle

ces150 Guest

Do you think we could get just ONE big bird with a full panel? I mean full... all the bells and whistles and bottons that you'd see above, around and infront of you on, let's say, a 737 if you were in the actual cockpit. Just a thought...

Pro Member Trainee
Pitt Trainee

Hope that A380 will be on fs2006 cant wait once they announce release date.

Anonymous wrote:

How about a couple military aircraft or the Boeing 7e7? How bout the new airbus A380. A couple new helicopters would be nice, such as the chinook, apache.

SimPro Guest

I definitely hope to see more aircrafts like the 707 and perhaps Lockheed Tristar in FS2006. And of course, the ATC shld be best realistic as ever.

SimPro Guest

C'mon guys, forget bout havin an A380 in FS2006....fat hope. FS is American....and u shld neva expect a European-made a/c to appear on an American game...u can qoute me on tt.

Greek_flyer Guest

I have to say that while FS9 ran smoothly on an Athlon XP 2400+, GeForceFX5600 and 512MB RAM, I couldn't run FS9 in my new PC (A64 3400+, Radeon 9800XT, 1GB RAM) having sometimes FPS falling below 10 FPS, while seeing no serious graphical or flight model improvements over the old, FS2002. Maybe the weather system took up too many resources, but I don't think that his rig couldn't handle them. Plus, I was annoyed to see that the Concorde (that was removed in FS2002) wasn't in FS9 which was a "historical" version, and the Concorde is of the planes that shouldn't be missing. Plus, I want some european airliners, such as the A300, A318/319/32x, A340. One of these models would be great. But I should summarise:

1) A new engine, incorporating better graphics, physics (I hate sinking into the runway when crashing, not even in FS98 did this happen), flight models, ATC (emergency landings?), more weather effects (typhoons?), better lightning (the FS98 orange lightning was far closer to the real thing than the candles in FS2002/4, having been in the cockpits of most of these aircraft).

2) New european aircraft (unless Microsoft has a contract with the U.S.A. aviation industry, which is respectible), that are superior IMO than their U.S. counterparts (A320vsB737 e.t.c.)

3) Better scenery=accurate. I hate seeing mountains shortened, or moved away from their original positions.

4) Make each country's major airports as accurate as possible (check LGAV, and compare with the real thing, the same goes for many major European hubs)

5) Give the community better SDK tools! I don't like the way VCs are made for FS02/04, nor the way scenery buildings are imported, with all the afcad files and stuff. Make a unified editor, where you can import aircraft and play with the flight model (like the FS2002 aircraft editor, just more advanced), and a scenery editor, where with simple tools, you can reform areas (level them to create airports), some prefab terminals or airport parts in there, so that we can create our airports easily and quickly, and the ability to import our own buildings in the editor, to create scenery objects. And, of course let us add in dynamic vehicles, we just give them a starting point, triggers & waypoints (when an aircraft docks at the jetway), and let the fun begin. And also make them interactive (i.e. a fuel truck script that loads your aircraft with fuel).

6) With a new engine, allow implementation of military hardware, so that we can make military aircraft and weapons, instead of using the primitive "Smoke system". MAKE THE ENGINE MORE FLEXIBLE

OsamaB Guest

x-flight or flight sim, which is better to learn from?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Very interesting thread. 😉 I like to read old posts.

paramesh wrote:

hi guys with the success of FS2004 do u think that microsoft will be launching FS2006 in the next couple of years.
what aircrafts would u like to have in this pack. any improvements any new features.
thanks for the replies
bye

I think they will be launching FS2006 in the lat months of 2005 I hope to se the 757 and or the 767!!!!!!!! thanks 😀

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

How about a couple military aircraft or the Boeing 7e7? How bout the new airbus A380. A couple new helicopters would be nice, such as the chinook, apache.

I dont know when the previous qoute was submited but it is now the 787 and i would love to see what they have planned I would also love to see the 757, 767, 727, MD 80 and maybe the MD 90!!!!!!!!!!!! they can get rid of the 777 for all I care I also think it would be neat to have a full overhead panel!!and when the engines are on i want to see the wave stuff be hind the even when taxing.I want to turn on the APU and the seatbelt sign!!!!!! please thanx Group Wave

Im matthew Would have to agree about the emergency landing stuff and the american voices. Im 13 now and i cant wait for fs2006 they better make some airbuses aswell!

FS2004- its kinda disappointing when you don't have a real airline company on the game such as Delta, British Airways, Us airways, etc... The scenery also needs to be better and the parking gates. It should also have traffic in the airports and not just planes. 😳

[b]Hi all, This is Top_Gun_10 and it would be great if there could be some improvments such as seat belt sign and no smoking sign, voices for landing and talking off and during flight. The airliners have to be real companies especially the ATC has to improve and the emergency landings. They should put some airbuses on there and different size boeings. Also the airport traffic and the fuel trucks and cargo trucks come to plane just like real life. Especially the scenery on the game and make the aircrafts look more real. If they had all that it would be so great. My computer needs fixing and I'll be online to fly soon!!![/b] 😀 😎 [/img]

Anonymous wrote:

Come on folks!!!! there are plenty online, you dont want Microsoft team to waste their precius time on that???
I noticed that nobody ever mentioned anything about passengers, i really thing it would be nice to see passengers boarding either from a gate or a stair truck( a stair truck would be nice also!!!!),
maybe some anouncements opotions i.e Ladies and gentleman welcome to flight number (nnn)n from (location) to (location) of (aircompany name)
we will be cruising at about 28.000 ft with air tempature amd e.t.c

Happy flying everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![q[/quote]

Dont waste Microsofts time by having them develop better planes. If you really want good planes check out the amazing payware add-ons out there. This is a 50 dollar simulator, and unless you want it to be upwards of 200, forget about better planes.

theo.m Guest

Hey you know there is already a A380 add-on for fs,
I had it before the airbus was even built!

Anyway if you want speak more my email is:
theo.m@hotmail.co.uk 😉

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

theo.m wrote:

Hey you know there is already a A380 add-on for fs,
I had it before the airbus was even built!

Anyway if you want speak more my email is:
theo.m@hotmail.co.uk 😉

Ah, but here's the rub: How realistic could it be if the actual aircraft hadn't been built yet? Even now the flight dynamics of the FS and X-Plane A380 models are lacking, and it will be some time before that is corrected. Wink

Pro Member Trainee
Pedrito Trainee

for more realistic the flight simulator 2006 may have more grafics: more cars on the terrain, when the aircraft crash cause a explotion, the cars have movement. and to more facination put more helicopters 5 or more for more fun.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...