Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Still needing help on PMDG 747

MarceloK Guest

Hi... I just posted..

" Hi, any one knows why my displays only works for a few seconds?? I'm using the FS2004 - PMDG Boeing 747-400 v1.02 "

"It's probably set to start cold and dark, in which case it will probably be lit up for a few seconds and then switch off. If this is the case, just add power and turn on the main battery..."

But I have the engines running and alerts are clear, all battery switches are all on!!

Thanks for any help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

MarceloK wrote:

Hi... I just posted..

" Hi, any one knows why my displays only works for a few seconds?? I'm using the FS2004 - PMDG Boeing 747-400 v1.02 "

"It's probably set to start cold and dark, in which case it will probably be lit up for a few seconds and then switch off. If this is the case, just add power and turn on the main battery..."

But I have the engines running and alerts are clear, all battery switches are all on!!

Thanks for any help!

You are not very specific which leads me to assume that you're referring to the PMDG Boeing 747-400 v1.02 exclusively. I don't own that a/c so I have no way of figuring out what the problem might be. I would however visit the PMDG forums as a first step. If this doesn't bear any results, you can always wait for another hour or so and Secret look out for the one and only OriginalGrunge - a genius and a true gentleman when it comes to tricky issues of this kind Wink

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Secret look out for the one and only OriginalGrunge - a genius and a true gentleman when it comes to tricky issues of this kind Wink

You flatter me Tailhook! Just the other day I was thinking how I spend too much time here Wink .....

I'm kinda stumped as well. Since it does start up and disappear that definitly does sound like the startup is set to cold and dark, and I think it's only after you establish power through the battery (or external generators, or apu, etc) that the displays will start up. You also need to make sure your "standby power" knob is set to Auto. I'm not sure on all the details, but it doesn't jump to life without going through a few steps first. You can try going through the checklist in the manual step by step to find the missing link OR:

Try this, go to the PMDG menu while you're sitting in the plane (by hitting ALT) and "import panel settings." This is how I usually get my clean cold and dark panel state. I believe there are other settings for half way through the checklists and full engine start. If the panel doesn't display, then:

Start at the gate in the default cessna, avionics on (some places reccomend battery on as well), and load the 747 from there. Then you can try the above tips.

If all of the above fail, then you probably either have a bad install or some conflict with something else I can't figure out. Best of luck!! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Also - and no need to reply to this, just adding it as an afterthought - if you've not bought the 747, but acquired it... otherwise, many things - including the displays - may not work. If I offended, I apologize in advance.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Also it could be something with the IRS. If you didn't allign them, wont the screens stay black? I will be getting the 747 for Christmas so I will be able to figure out your problem then.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, not necessarily. You won't be able to fly the plane if you aren't aligned, since your artificial horizon and nav data won't display on the panel (backups still work I believe), but the displays should still appear (with EICAS information, etc). When you're aligning, you set the knobs to align, program your position into the FMC, and then set them back to NAV and the 3 counters on the main panel for IRS align will start counting down.