Downloading

Pro Member Trainee
SidneyBG Trainee

Hello...I am new to Fly Away, my nickname is SidneyBG and I just turned 9. I love to fly in simulation and I want to be a pilot someday. But I have a problem...I try downloading these add-on Zip files for MS2004 Civil Jets and my computer will not open them...it says that the file is either corrupted or missing!! Can anybody tell me how to get the Zip files to open and if they won't open...is there option for downloading these files!! By the way my mom helped me write this!!

Thank you for your kind help,

SidneyBG

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SidneyBG wrote:

Hello...I am new to Fly Away, my nickname is SidneyBG and I just turned 9. I love to fly in simulation and I want to be a pilot someday. But I have a problem...I try downloading these add-on Zip files for MS2004 Civil Jets and my computer will not open them...it says that the file is either corrupted or missing!! Can anybody tell me how to get the Zip files to open and if they won't open...is there option for downloading these files!! By the way my mom helped me write this!!

Thank you for your kind help,

SidneyBG

Welcome SidneyBG, glad to have you here.
Downloaded files can be or become corrupted. How to install your downloaded files into your FS2004 is a different chapter. For convenience's sake I would suggest you become a member with http://avsim.com/ - it's free and only takes a couple of minutes. After you've downloaded an aircraft that you like for example, follow the instructions that are included in the .zip file. If you have problems, come back to us and don't be shy to ask 🙂

To make things easier for you and us you should always tell us the exact name of the file and where you've downloaded the file from (which site).
It also avoids a lot of confusion if you let us know which ziptool you use i.e. WinZip, WinRAR, the extraction tool that's part of Windows XP or any others.

See how you go and don't be shy to ask 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Welcome aboard SidneyBG!

Here are our own instructions about how to install aircraft into the Flight Sim
Click on this ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

If you have any questions about this just ask and someone here will be happy to help.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

If you have a screen name or something I would be glad to walk you through it if you are still having trouble. 😀

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Willing to help just need your Instant Messanger address. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Oh cool, I added you PanAmerican to my friends list but I thought you were some one from school. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...