Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

to get started!

hello

i come from denmark.

are there anyone some can help me who get started whit fly sim. so i can play it live .. what do i need of programs and other things to get started..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just buy the flight sim and a joystick that has a twist handle, that'll act as your rudder.
You can always buy add-ons later if you wish, they aren't needed, just nice to have.

Tell us what your computer specs are and we can tell you how it will run on your machine and if any upgrades are needed.
Be sure to include all the information about the video card.

Radar

okey thanks

but dont i also need the program acar to see the air plaines?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know what acar is, but the two items I mentioned (and a good computer Rolling Eyes ) is all you need. Laughing

The Flight Sim is all you really need, you could fly it with the keyboard but it's easier and more fun with a joystick.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

are you talking about FSAcars? that's a program used by some VA's to record your flights???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

AJWatson2209 wrote:

are you talking about FSAcars? that's a program used by some VA's to record your flights???

Good thinking AJWatson2209, interesting site Arrow http://www.satavirtual.org/fsacars/

What is FS ACARS?

FSACARS is a software developed to emulate the real world ACARS system in Microsoft Flight Simulator, and in adition to use that information to create detailed pilot reports to VAs.

It is distributed in two versions. The first, available to all FS pilots, will have all features active and will serve as a flight analyser. The second version is for VA pilots. It will have all features included in the first version, and it can be used to automaticaly send pilot reports to the VAs and real-time flight information to the VA website and make it available so that all users can see it.

More on that here Arrow http://www.satavirtual.org/fsacars/what.html

AJWatson2209 wrote:

yes i think it was that i talk about.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

AJWatson2209 wrote:

yes i think it was that i talk about.

That's just an add-on, you don't need it to run the sim unless that's the only reason that you are getting into flying.
I don't have it because it doesn't interest me, I'm sure that some of the add-ons that I have don't interest you.
Radar

Bashdabish Guest

Not sure but I get the impression the OP is asking for help on getting FS9 on line and using a VA?