Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Size

Pro Member Trainee
glen4cindy Trainee

While reading some of the forums on here, they don't seem to be of a standard size. Some, like this very screen fit within the screen area of my computer. Several force me to move the slider at the bottom to see the whole post. On some posts the window is so wide I have to move way over to read the whole post.

Is there any way that I can keep this from happening or what causes it?

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

The problem is people that have large sigs that stretch over the side of the page. It becomes very annoying at times, I just dont no why people have to have such large display pics?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We should have a maximum size for signatures, most sites do, but Flyaway likes to give the members their freedom here and settle the small problems by them selves.

Set your screen larger than 800X600 (1024X768) and you shouldn't have to scroll. (Mine is still 800X600)
The only problem is that you have to have the eyes of an eagle to read the small "print".
Yes I'm aware of how to change text size.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

The problem is people that have large sigs that stretch over the side of the page. It becomes very annoying at times, I just dont no why people have to have such large display pics?

does that apply to height of sigs as well as width? Wink

your sig is huge as sigs go Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Mine is huge too. Do you guys want me to resize it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No Captain Agus its perfect and its OK.DONT TOUCH IT... Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, good.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Set your screen larger than 800X600 (1024X768) and you shouldn't have to scroll. (Mine is still 800X600)
The only problem is that you have to have the eyes of an eagle to read the small "print".
Yes I'm aware of how to change text size.

Radar

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble reading the fine print in screen sizes over 800 X 600. Laughing

Most of the time it is large pictures that cause the problem with having to side scroll. It isn't so bad here but when I'm on a site where I'm reading an article I hate to have to side scroll.

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

I dont mine sigs that are quite large heightwise, as you dont have to scroll across, the ones that have too much width are simply a pain in the %&@#.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Mine is huge too. Do you guys want me to resize it?

It is fine. I am surprised to hear that some folks are using 800x600. The last time I did that was when I had a 14" monitor, circa 1993.

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

So is mine alright like it is as well?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I seriously don't mind Jarred_01 Smile

I was joking of course, but 800 x 600? wtf?

I run at 1280 x 1024 and can read the text just fine! lol I hate to think how big your sigs would be at 800 x 600 Smile

The scrolling isn't a huge issue for me, if the pics really wide I can always drag the window across both of my monitors Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Sweet as then, I wont change it. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

I guess my signature picture is the biggest one in these forums Embarassed

I'm also running on 1280 x 1024 and don't have many issues with scrolling.