screenshots - fao flyaway, radarman, fem etc

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi guys,

i think a few people including myself are a bit peeved at how slowly the screenshots get updated. i submitted some a little while ago and they haven't been updated for ages. Crying or Very sad

Now, this isn't a post just to have a moan Sleep , i definitely agree that "real life" has to come first, but i believe i am right that only one person updates the screenshots gallaries?

Surely, couldn't this task be shared so that it is updated more frequently?

I think FEM said that he spends on average 3 hours a day on this site, if he was to spend an hour updating the gallaries - problem solved!

Just thought i would make this suggestion and see what you and others think.

Cheers guys

Micah 😉

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i know several people have complained about it, but that is not my purpose, im just trying to come up with suggestions to sort the problem once and for all!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

i know several people have complained about it, but that is not my purpose, im just trying to come up with suggestions to sort the problem once and for all!!

Micah 😉

I clealry understand your purpose my friend Micah and i dont post the link here in order to stop you.I post it just in case you havent notice it.

As you can see im with you in this issue and i bet that there must be a lot of guys here too.

The number of members for this site day by day getting bigger and bigger.Its very difficult to handle all this load of new posts,screenshots etc by a man and especially if this man doesnt spends a respectful number of hours every day in here.

A simple example on this is that if someone of us,the simle members,havent log in for 3 days when we get in we spend a lot of hour to see the new posts to post our replies etc.Think what a moderator has to do...double ,and more,hour on this job.

In my personal and humble opinion,if someone wants people to see his screenshots he can post them in a site like photobucket for examlpe and share the link with us.In the screenshot gallerie the screenshots gonna be bared from thousands of others.
And i dodnt want to make comment about the hard job some guys has done about spot the bad comments of some shoots in order to be cleaned up,and untill now it seems that they spend their time for nothing... ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I understand your frustration, I haven't seen Flyaway for quite a few days.
The last time we had this problem was a few weeks ago and "real life" (IRL) was keeping him more than busy.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Yeah, I am on here quite religiously. I suppose I wouldn't really mind updating screenshots, but I suppose you might wanna find someone a little less biased. I would prolly filter through the crappy ones first, and I know that's not what is wanted. Anyone is free to post a screenshot of course.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The screenshots are not judged, they are posted as they are uploaded. If you follow the proper protocol that the software demands it will be posted, crummy looking or not.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

That's why I don't think I would be a good screenshot uploader-guy 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I understand your frustration, I haven't seen Flyaway for quite a few days.
The last time we had this problem was a few weeks ago and "real life" (IRL) was keeping him more than busy.

Radar

Flyaway gets in more often than we think....i think...Watch the newest member...it has been updated since yesterday which means that someone has give him the registration permission.

Maybe im wrong of course but if you watch every day who is the newest in here you can figure out when Flyaway gets in and doing his Job.

Correct me if there are others who do this job also.

I make clear that im not offended to Flyaway and i respet and understand and have experience as all of you ,what Real Life means.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm not defending him here.

Greekman,
I do believe that it is automated, as they are given conformation and added to the member database their name is posted as well as the number of members is updated.
It is all software but he can go into the software to help someone who lost their password if he has to.
The control panels on these boards has everything you can imagine.
You should go and get a free one sometime just to "play" with so you can see what goes on. If you do, remember they give you one that is partially "crippled", they don't "give" you every option ( an example: you can't back them up for obvious reasons).
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Im sure that Flyaway dont need defence cause he isnt in offence.

I didnt knew that RadarMan, but i think of it cause i have notice some days(maybe more than week)before that when i see Flyaway in here the newest members names was changing and changing .When they stop i didnt see Flyaway anymore.

Anyway maybe my notice drives me to a wrong conclusion.
Appreciate your always helpful advices RadarMan and apologise if i draw other people to wrong thoughts. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

One man can't do all the job by himself.

TTT and RadarMan are helping Flyaway with the forums. And what about the Screenshots Gallery? I think that the Forums and the Screenshots Gallery are the only two frequent parts of the webiste. Someone needs to help Flyaway with the Screenshots Gallery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The problem could be solved if flyaway made the reason for the delay in posting screenshots, known. If he has said anything, I haven't seen it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

TTT and RadarMan are helping Flyaway with the forums.

I agree with a small changing.Flyaway helps occasionaly RadarMan and TTT in moderating.

The problem could be solved if flyaway made the reason for the delay in posting screenshots, known. If he has said anything, I haven't seen it.

Neither do i.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

In fact, I'd volunteer to clean up the trash comments in the screenshot gallery. Twisted Evil

I've gotten tired of reading the foul-mouthed racial/ethnic/national/lifestyle slurs that are there.

Censoring idiots is not a perfect solution, but I don't suppose they'd give me a .50 cal. machine gun. 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

In fact, I'd volunteer to clean up the trash comments in the screenshot gallery. Twisted Evil

I've gotten tired of reading the foul-mouthed racial/ethnic/national/lifestyle slurs that are there.

Censoring idiots is not a perfect solution, but I don't suppose they'd give me a .50 cal. machine gun. 😛

looooool

As a matter of fact im here too for cleaning...not with the 50cal.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...