Fly Away Simulation

Probably a really silly noob like question

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi Peeps,

Just thought that I would ask what this peice of cockpit equipment was? I know I can land an aircraft and take one to the sky, but I am never sure what this does :p All I know is that it rotates bloody quick when you land!

Probably something really simple 🙂


Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Its the trim wheel

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Its the trim wheel

Yeah that is an Airbus one. Basically it changes the shape of the elevators at the rear of the aircraft, which means that the person flying the plane (or joystick for that matter :wink🙂 doesn't have to apply force onto the joystick, thus making the aircraft much easier to control for level flight.

There is a Wiki page here:

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

trim wheel 👍

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions