Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help would be nice.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've run into a little problem. I decided that flying in perfect weather is a little boring, I want a challenge. So, I went the weather options and made it so it was terribly overcast and visibility was at it's minimum.
Here's where my problem began.

I started my decent into Heathrow through some very dense cloud [I was already flying when I loadaded the settings.] and after I reached the bottom of the cloud [about 2000 ft from the ground] the visibility increased drasically. This confused me entirly because the dense cloud I just flew through was still above me and only heathrow was surrounded by fog. [excuse some of the spelling errors]

I checked the weather settings and the rate of change was "none".

Whats wrong or how can I fix it ❓

If you don't really understand what I'm talking about please say so and I'll try fix the description.

As I say, "Help would be nice". Thanks 😎

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I don't really know how to fix it. I've had that same problem many times; I set weather, and it changes for no reason. It always seems to happen near Heathrow 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

JVD,
You may be interested in this add on..........

http://www.fsmeteo.com/

I have been using it for several years and as updates appeared it has got even better.
Regards
Roger
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've had similiar problems with weather. Check your visibility setting. I think that if you set this to less than a mile, you will get the desired results. Uncheck WX update.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I guess that if I had read your original post more closely I would have seen that you have already set the Vis. Make sure that the Weather layer that you create, goes to the field elevation of the airport (MSL) above sea level.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Very sorry about my late reply but I've had some problems with the PC lately. Anyway, I'll will try all your recomendations and hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies and I'll let you all know how it all goes.