Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

mike stone's gulfstream stuff...

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

righty. i really like the gulfstream jet so i downloaded mike stones version. i like his models as they're really framerate friendly 🙂

of course there are some drawbacks but:

- i've made my own panel - not like the gulfstreams real one but a standard one with hud and ground handling
- modified the config, it was the standard 737 so i changed all the weights to real figures from a government website.
- made a paintkit:

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Superb

...green with envy 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

shiny dxt3 textures mmmm 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

All right,.. Evil or Very Mad .. where is the tutorial??

Which paint program do you use??

...and don't tell me that you ...uuhh.. just wrote it 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

lol just photoshop cs2. i use a free program called mw graphics to compile it. it can seperate images into standard and alpha layers - the alpha, along with gmax models dictates how shiny the plane is. mw graphics can also do mip maps - images that are lesser quality when far away.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Hi - will jump in here in reference to another post -

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9862/ttts-jca717-200/

Downloaded Mike Stone's Gulfstream and used the Base Textures supplied to produce examples of distorted text as ref above quotes.

Pics are not of best quality as used FSRepaint Viewing facility for screen shots but they do show the distortion that occurs when trying to get text or indeed anything on curved surfaces.

- would like to continue this discussion but it is past my bedtime - see you tomorrow.