Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2006 nice to have

Pro Member Trainee
dany_gasper Trainee

I would like to see in FS2006 2 things;

First.... When we start the game, that the plane would be parked and engine turned off as in reality and not having the plane already running at the end of a runway.

Second... When we reach the destination and park the airplane at a general aviation parking, with the engine stop, that we could save the game at that point and having the option to restart the game from that point.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First of all welcome to Flyaway dany 😉

Secondly if you like to add your comment about FS2006 there is a topic with 1700 and more replies for this ➡

Its three topics post yours. 😉

You can share your thougths there. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
dany_gasper Trainee

Thank you very much for your help.

I sent the comment at the right topic.

Thank you again!!!

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

dany_gasper wrote:

I would like to see in FS2006 2 things;

First.... When we start the game, that the plane would be parked and engine turned off as in reality and not having the plane already running at the end of a runway.

Second... When we reach the destination and park the airplane at a general aviation parking, with the engine stop, that we could save the game at that point and having the option to restart the game from that point.

By answering your second question I will answer your first.🙂

You can park your plane anywhere you want to now and shut down the engine. Just save it and you can select it next time you want to fly. You will have to start your engine, taxi to the runway and take off.

I do this all the time. You don't need FS2006 to do it.

dr400180 Guest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Not the first, by about a week. But it appears the MS is releasing screenshots on a country by country basis.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

dr400180 wrote:

first screen shots of FS 2006
http://www.clubic.com/actualite-30869-des-captures-francaises-pour-flight-simulator-x.html

I can't help but point out that these screenshots are most probably taken with the best of CPU's. Most won't be able to acheive such crisp results.

IS FSX
FS2006?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yes

😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I'm just wondering if the software (both free and payware) will work with FSX. That is one reason I am reluctant to buy payware with the new version of the Flight Sim in the works and soon to be released. That would be a total waste of money if it isn't compatible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

From what I've read, planes may be compatible, but scenery addons most likely will not be. At least that is the impression I got.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The planes may be like the ones from FS2002 to FS2004, some will work and some won't.

It looks like they have put a lot of effort into scenery and it wouldn't surprise me if scenery add ons would not be compatible.

In my opinion scenery was what needed to be upgraded the worst. A lot of the planes in FS2004 are quite good, where the program is the weakest is in the scenery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

IS FSX
FS2006?

X =Latin number 10.

Now we have FS9 and we go to FSX(10)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

I'm just wondering if the software (both free and payware) will work with FSX. That is one reason I am reluctant to buy payware with the new version of the Flight Sim in the works and soon to be released. That would be a total waste of money if it isn't compatible.

I'm ogling PMDG's MD-11, as yet there is no release date. In the product information they state : ' Compatibility: WinXP only, FS2004 only' - but this can easily be changed to FSX when the time is right. We can speculate on whether FSX or the MD-11 will be released first, or whether there will be compatibility issues.
I imagine that reputable payware makers would be resourceful enough to produce the appropriate updates. As a last resort it won't hurt to approach the publishers directly and seek assurance that the product will be compatible with the next incarnation of FS.
Regarding freeware I'm quite exited about the prospect of a flurry of new creations. Of course it will take a few months until all our favorite a/c have found their way into FSX, but there will be new creations that haven't been available in any other FS so far.

As far as scenery is concerned, I won't buy any until FSX is on the shelves. Who knows, there mightn't be any need for additional scenery until we've all explored the new and promising MS default scenery.

Somehow I have a very positive feeling about the upcoming FSX. We will see Juggle 😀

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

From what I've seen FSX looks good, I'm just being cautious about what will work on it and what won't. Personally I don't want to spend money on something that may not be needed or may not work on FSX. If FSX is coming out this year I will wait and see and not put a lot of money into FS2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm sorry, I meant to post a message at the other " What I want to see in Flight Sim 2006" listing! The one with 1800 other replies! Who put this here? Well, I'll be going but thank you very much!!!