General: Hardware

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Liono

Hiding those annoying computer wires away

Does anyone have any good ideas to hide the wires away inside the case? As they are abit annoying. Liono...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tazz126 on
brownbox

no throttle on sidewinder 3d pro

im runnning windows xp with a sidewinder 3d pro via usb-game port adapter (using notebook computer without gameport) however i cant seem to get the throttle to work propperly. open to all ideas 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on

mouse pointer probs ,flt sim 2004

my problem when in flight deck mode the mouse pointer flickers so fast it is in pos to fix on switches etc,this only happens when cockpit is up and runnining.any other time all is well, renewed mouse=microsoft wireless laser 6000 made no diferance,install...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
charlie_plaza

Helicopter simulation hardware for FS 2004

Hello there. I'm sure someone out there is reading this and can answer me this question: What hardware should I buy for the best helicopter simulation on FS2004? I'm suposing the pedals and a joystick, but then again there might be some other things i hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
charlie_plaza on
tazz126

flight sim yoke

can some one tell me how to program the swiches on a flight sim yoke pluse a throttle quadrant-also will the throttle on its own without a yoke or pedds attached as my yoke and pedds are analoug and my throttle is usb please help ps sorry for the spell...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
ianm1

programmable keypad for MS flight sim

hi I recently saw a colour coded keypad for all those controls on the keyboard that are impossible to remember. i can't recall what it was called, anyone help, and the website? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
tomthetank

Spyware and Trojans

Grab a free scan and removal of any nasties lurking This found 4 items on my PC and removed them 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
SamIntel

Memory Upgrade

I was thinking about getting some more RAM for my computer, right now I have 512 MB. I want to add a GB to make it 1.5 GB. I want the good stuff, DRR2, but I want to keep it under $100. I have a Dell Dimension 5100, I have looked around but I'm not sur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
switchdoc

Buy yoke in Denver area

Hey all, I realize I am unlikely to get a hit on this, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say. I've been wanting to buy a yoke and throttle type controller set but I am having a difficulty. The difficulty is that I don't want to buy ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
JVD

Is liquid cooling good ?

As you may know I mentioned earlier on that my PC was making funny noises. So I decided to look at a new PC and seen as it may be the fan making the annoying sound, I decided never really want a PC with a fan again. So i been think along the lines of gett...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
FAE/FAS

graphics card for fs2004

WHAT GRAPHICS CARD IS THE BEST TO USE FOR FS2004? with all the realism...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
atreyu

looking for a cable

hi my laptop has an s-video out plug and i am looking for a cable that i can plug into a tv with the rca imputs. i don't know what it would be called so i could really look for it, thanks for helping if you can....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
sonicninja

Virtual Memory

I have just installed some custom flightplans and now when I run FS9 after about 20 mins it shuts down saying my computer has run out of virtual memory and to use disk cleanup, which i have tried but the same problem occurs. I have over 180gb of free s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
atreyu

soundcard

does this look like a good deal for this sound card? I'm going to try to spend $100 or less on one, so let me know if this would be good for the money or if theres a better one....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

new game controller...

Hi, I'm looking for a new controller to obvisouly fly in fs9 😂 I've been looking at the ch yoke, which looks awesome! But one question about it. Does it give you ability to move the plane up and down too? I've also been looking at the Saite...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Hi! I need an AGP graphics card......

Hi! I need an AGP graphics card to replace my (spare) nvidea2 8mb card. I have no idea what to get, exept nvidea- no ati. (Linux drivers..) Specs: > AMD 64 3000 > 512 mb DDR400 Ram- will be upgraded to 1024 > Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro > ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick Lee

AMD Athlon 64

Hi folks, I'm in real trouble and would appreciate any help you might extend. Installed an AMD Athlon 64 today. Brandnew boxed, onto brandnew A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo. Fitting the CPU in it's socket went as smooth as cutting cream. Installing the heatsink...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
sonicninja

New PC Problems

Hi, ive just taken reciept of my new pc today and after adding all my addons and aircraft etc i found the the pc having problems running FS9. Firstly, i cannot see the aircraft in the creat a flight section unless my screen resolution is 800x600??? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
bark9mad

will my note book work -

will this laptop be able to drive MSFS 2004/2 at all? i dont expect stellar performance (ie id be happy to set detail sliders down but id like decent framerates so the i dont do little 'time warps' everytime the stupid thing stutters ....) any adv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jarred_01

Force feedback - is it worth the money?

Hey guys, I'm considering upgrading my joystick to a Logitech Force 3D pro or something similar. I was just wondering whether having force feedback is worth the money in Flight Sim as it costs considerably more that a non-feedback design. Thanks, J...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Greekman72

I-Ram.The relief of Hard-disk drive?

Check this article about I-Rams.I find it interesting. 😉 http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2480...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonicninja

256MB NVIDIA Geforce 7800GT PCI Express Graphics

Ive just purchased a system with this graphics card and Im wondering if anyone else is using it on FS9 and if so what do they think of this card, screenshots would be nice too if possible. many thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
tomthetank

AMD VS INTEL

AMD wins http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-9.html?tag=btn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
Elkinallen

Nvidea 6800 gt tweak?

I got the card and installed it. Games like battlefield 2, call of duty 2 run supergood. FS9 actually runs slower now!!!!!! Any advice on tweaking it? I've tried messing with the anti-aliasing and other settings, but I can't get it!!!! :evil: Emac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rafi

Memory question

My mother board support’s dual channel memory setting. Today I have a 512Gb and a 254 Gb in 2 slots. Dual channel settings will request to invest at list 1 another 512 Gb (so what) but the user manual says and I quote :rise the same type DDR dual ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on

Where on earth (or in the air) do I start?

I have just bought X-Plane for my G5 Powermac. Where can I start leraning the basics about flying, navigation etc? I am based in Ireland. Robert...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Johnflyer

747 YOKE?

Anyone seen a flight yoke that lookslike a real aircraft yoke...for FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
francois1

Twin Monitors with the Flt.Sim

Hello everyone Is anyone using two monitors with the Flt.Sim please? If so, How does one set it up please? 😕 regards francois1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
mickwill

Upgrade time....

Well I don't think my P4 2Ghz is cutting it any more :cry: So it's time or the dreaded upgrade. I run Win2K and usually have FS2004, UT, AISmooth, and FSPassengers running on a P4 2GHZ, 1GB Ram, AGP nVidia 6600GT 128Mb and to be honest the frame ra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
antinnz2003

help with laptop requirements

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to buy a laptop so that i can install FS2004 to use as a training tool while i'm going for my pilot's license. Could someone please tell me what i should be looking for as far as specs go. I'm not that up with the technical ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antinnz2003 on
Insight

New nVidia drivers 81.85

Has anyone had any trouble with these? I am running the following and with the latest drivers all the models get the skins applied very very strangely and the game jerks periodically! Also the ground scenery looks weird: ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe Mobo AM...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
RCT3

slow frame rate

i gotta ? i bought rollercoaster tycoon3 and it had really crappy frame rate do to the fact that it was a 64mb integrated video card...so i bought a 128mb vc and it runs a heck of alot smoother and improved graphics..but when the people start coming int...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Ctein

Flight Simulator 2004 & Matrox G550 ??

I was given a copy of Flight Simulator 2004- A Century of Flight for my birthday. I can't tell from the box if my graphics card is supported. I'm running Win2K, SP4 with 2 Gig RAM. I have DirectX 9.0b installed and DirectDraw Acceleration and DirectDr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ranald

overclocking?

I considering overcloking my 6600GT but is it worth it from what I've herd the card can overheat and become unstable.If this happens can I just change back the clock speed or is thecard copletely useless ❓ .How is it done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
john1965

system crash and cfs3

Hello pilots, When I start flying within a minute the image of the plane freezes and windows xp restarts. The computer I use is a 3.4 GHz pentium4, nVidia Geforce 6610 XL, videodriver 66.74, 512 Mb memory. What to do? Greetings,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
csb41

Can an Nvidia GeForce 5200 handle FS2004?

Naive maybe, but can a GeForce 5200 (standard low stream) handle Flight Sim 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
LGT1 on
seXeurobOi

HELP FS2004 GRAPHICS

hello... i have fs2004 and i ahve the following graphics problem as you can see in the image!!! My computer is XP Pro SP2, DX9.0c, GF4 Ti4800, 1GB DDRRam, 210GB HD, Graphics drivers 77.76. has anyone else had/have this problem or have they got around...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jarred_01

New PC Hardware

Hey there, I am considering purchasing a completely new PC system, I was wondering what hardware you would recommed to run FS2004 well at full speed. I am interested in a good CPU, graphics card, RAM, monitor, etc. Thanks, Jarred 🙂 €...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Greekman72

Pic-signature problem

Im in front of a strange problem.From today morning i cant see the pictures that some of us has instead of a signature.In the place which suppose to be the picture there is only a box in the size of the picture with an ''x'' up left.To be more precise i n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
RadarMan

Latest Video Card Benchmark-8.4.05

Latest Video Card Benchmark. If you notice the top is occupied by the new (duel type) SLI cards. ATI hasn't really entered that field yet on the Intel board but AMD has on the Asus board. Please correct me if I'm wrong. http://graphics.tomshardwa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jim the bad

Thrustmaster HOTAS game port - next step?

I just bought a barginiferous Thrustmaster FLC16 joystick and throttle off eBay. Unfortunatly, it is a gameport interface model. What is my best next step? Stick in an old sound card, disable the sound and use it as a game port card, or go for a Game Por...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
RadarMan

Dual Monitors, Times Two

I just read this in a newsletter and thought we might need it sometime. ********* Dual Monitors, Times Two For some folks, two monitors is simply not enough. "I am looking at the Asus A8N-SLI motherboard for the use of the two PCI Express grap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

video recorder

I have a problem. How do do you make a DVD from a video camcorder. 😕 I've been working on it for 2.5 hours now. I have the instructions. I've installed the USB stuff. Open to suggestions. My parents have been helping me but they can't figure it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
bmann333

E-D 3D glasses: R they worth it?

I was thinking about purchasing some E-D glasses to heighten my flight sim experience, however the reviews I have read are not that impressive, and the good reviews come from the company selling them. I have a 30 inch LCD monitor and a NVIDIA 6800 Ult...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
redstone

Just Getting Started

Fiinially have time to set up after purchasing FS2004 and Logitech Freedom 2.4 Joystick some time ago. I am running MS Windows XP Home Edition, with 795 MHz AMD Duron processor, with 256 MB ram, and a 256 MB BFG GeForce FX 5500 video card. Pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
-.Jester.-

eVGA GeForce™ 6800GT 256MB AGP Video Card or 6800 ultra???

im stuck in a pickle here!!! :o- i dont know whitch one to get the 6800 ultra GFX or the none ultra??? can someone help me out with this ??? :help!:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Lubos 55

Airline Call Signs

❓ hey..i need somebody's help. Couple weeks ago i had some troubles with my fs9 so i reinstalled it completly and found out that there are no airline call signs to chose from (in changing the aircraft menu). even the call signs of the original f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
tomthetank

CPU temperature

😀 As you may know,I like to get under the hood of my PC and squeeze every last drop of power out of it I can :hack: Well I use a number of programs(free) to monitor the temps inside http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php?ExtraId=24 http://ww...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Barge

CH flight yoke

Hi, can any of you who have this yoke tell me if it does the full 180 degree motion (ie 90 degrees each side of the centre position) I think I might put my birthday money towards it...i've still got it from February!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
Scarfone

Gameport CH Yoke & Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals Problem

I need some serious help. I have tried everything I can think of and searched the web to no evail. Heres the low down: FS2004, WinXP, Dell Dimension 8100 1.3 P4, CH Flight Yoke Gameport Virtual Pilot (gray one), Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals Gameport....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on

7 pages with 330 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 6 of 7