MS Flight Simulator X Graphical Requirements

JamieMann Guest

Hello,

I'm new to FSX and I've only just bought the game, though I've been watching it and playing other flight sims. I currently have a desktop PC running off of the CPU's integrated graphics (Intel HD 4600). I am wondering whether FSX will run at a decent frame rate using these graphics? I don't have much money to spare but I was looking at this low-end graphics card (). If the simulator wouldn't run at a decent frame rate with the integrated graphics, would it run at a decent frame rate on that graphics card as it has just over twice the power? I'm planning on running VATSIM with FSX. I'm using an intel i5 (Haswell) with a clock speed of 3.4GHz, so my processing power is fine, my only concern is graphics.

Kind Regards,
Jamie

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
JamieMann Guest

Apologies, forgot to include the link of the aforementioned graphics card I'd been looking at. Here it is:

[http://www.ebuyer.com/506554-asus-gtx-650-2gb-gddr5-vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-gtx650-e-2gd5][/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's a very good price on such a nice card.
Clean out your old drivers, delete your present card in the "device manager", shot down computer.
Put in new card, boot up and load the driver CD that came with the card.
Lock your FSX at 20fps and see how you like it.
Don't push the slides too far to the right, a i5 isn't that powerful and FSX is CPU driven.

Let us know what and how you do.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...