Water textures on FSX are sky blue and flat

angelos1954 Guest

Good morning,

A few days ago, while using my flight sim x deluxe version, all textures appeared normal or enhanced, except for the water, which had no texture and appeared as old crate paper...flat with jagged edges. My FSX allows for a preview of Directx 10 which provides the necessary graphics for the water, however, any of my chrome liveries are sacrificed and the base models are solid white.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? My current graphics card is a geforece GTS 450. My dxdiag shows that my system does use Directx 11.

Thank you

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Uncheck the DirectX10 box and see if the water looks better.
If it does then whatever add-on you have isn't for DX10.

Radar

angelos1954 Guest

Thanks, for responding...And yes, I have unchecked that DX 10 box, still, with no good results. Other than downloading and installing new aircraft models, I have done nothing else. The last message I received after having checked my dxdiag was that possibly my Dx 9.0c, the original Directx with my system may be damaged or missing. I have tried to reinstall it with no success. System restore was my next option, and of course, nothing doing...But again, thanks, for your response, as it does help me believe that possibly I may discover a way to repair it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Drop in disk #1 and choose repair, see if that does it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...