Fly Tampa Scenery - Chicago Midway

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I saw this on SimMarket and decieded to buy it since I fly out of KMDW all the time and might join a VA that has a hub there, so I said what the hell, looks nice. Well all I've done so far is load it up and take a couple screens, I'll post more tomorrow and give some more input.

First impression, HOLY CRAP!

It add's on REAL scenery around the field, also has moving cars around it that function with the stop and go lights.

The attendent in front actually guides you into the gate...

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great looking scenery -- it looks so good, you wanna stay up all night! 👍

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Quick give me a link!!
Bow Down
That looks awesome!!! Does the AI traffic come w\ the scenery??
Also, can you land on more of the buildings then with the regular FS scenery??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1342

You can add static aircraft which I did just to fill up a few spots, but I have Traffic 2005 so most of them are from that. As for landing on buildings, no idea, not what I do. Wink

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Great to hear you love it! I bought this back when I was flying for ATA virtual, and I was definitly not sorry. It is one of the best rendered payware airports out there!

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

those pictures are such a tease becuase besides the fact that i dont have any of FlyTampa's scenery, even if i bought it, the framerates would be too low to fly!! .. and my computer has pretty good specs.

😂 😂

i still want that scenery tho...

also, the same people who work for "FlyTampa" made a freeware scenery add-on for Boston Logan. It's probably the best freeware scenery I have seen. I believe they made one for free to lure you into buying their other sceneries.. and hey it works because I really really want their payware stuff!!

here's the link: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=79532

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

My frames were not affected one bit, maybe even improved. I installed everything but you can download stuff from there site to improve frames if needed or you can install it different ways that affect your frame rate. I have everything and I'm running perfect.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for the tip about Boston Logan. I downloaded and installed it, very very nice.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Nice Shot Radarman! 😀

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Freeware BOS is one of my favorite renditions.

By the way, you shouldn't see much of an impact from FlyTampa as SoloTwo mentioned. SimFlyers (and many other addon scenery companies) create very detailed (and not so detailed) scenery for quite a high price on your system. FlyTampa is the exception to this rule. They have developed a graphic rendering technique that seems far beyone other companies. You'll find that you will be able to see more detail for less cost than nearly any other developer.

Pro Member First Officer

here's my system specs.. please tell me if you think my framerates will be affected too much to fly with FlyTampa scenery. (with all settings maxed out)

eMachines T6212 (*=upgrade)

-2.0GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor
*1.5Gb RAM
*256Mb ATI Radeon X700 Pro graphics
-128Mb ATI Radeon Xpress 200 shared graphics
-160Gb Hard Drive: About 40Gb free

I have 13 SimFlyers sceneries.. and sometimes my framerates dip below 10 around that scenery, whereas other times it's gone above 75. I've also had framerates in the 30s around SimFlyers scenery.. so it seems that only sometimes things get "choppy" on me. (all my visual settings are pretty much maxed out right now)

I jsut want to make sure that buying FlyTampa scenery won't be a waste of money because I can't fly or I need to turn down the grapshics settings (which I HATE doing Mad)

any input would be greatly appreciated 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

You'll be PERFECTLY fine.

Pro Member First Officer

thanks solotwo, ill take your word for it 😉

..now just to decide which one of their sceneries to buy first lol 😂

im stuck between san diego, tampa, or chicago midway.

although.. all their scenries look soooo nice! ❤️

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I got the FREE boston scenery, it is very, very nice. I decided to buy Midway and it also is absolutly sweet. There is no frame rate problems at all. The midway scenery has to be one of the best addons I ever got. It has everything anyone could want in an airport scery.
I wish the folks at FLY Tampa would make an addon on for Kai Tak, so we would all be ahppy again. I bet it would keep all of us up all night a lot!

So-indeed-anyone who goes into Midway definatly needs to buy this addon!

Great stuff

Capt.Dennison

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Capt,
Seattle is very nice, San Diego and San Fransico are nice but not as nice as KSEA (it has moving traffic on the roads).

Radar

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great shots Solotwo.

FlyTampa's scenery looks awesome. The one thing their addons have that make such a huge difference are dirty coloured tarmac. In real life it is just like that but in fs2004 it is spotlessly clean, even with AEU7!

I also have the Boston Logan addon which Radarman showed ccreenies of and it doesn't create any significant inpact of framerates, that only happens when I increase the % of my AI traffic.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...