Boeings can't make it off the tarmac in time.....

Hi

I always have trouble taking off in the B777 and B747, the problem is is that i always pull up but i dont have enough speed to actually make it off the ground.... if any1 can help me it would be g8ly appreciated.

also is there a way u can repaint aircrafts to you own livery?

all above is involving fs04

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Are you setting proper flap's before take off?

um lol which would be?

could u plz give me a list of all the things do do for a perfect take-off

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well if you don't know what flap's are you should surely go through all the flight lessons that are included within the game, thats why they are there. Trust me once you know everything there is to know you'll have a lot more fun with the simulation and play it for quite a long time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Check out the Learning Center within Flight Simulator. I suggest starting with the Cessna 172 and work your way up to the Boeing's.

Flight simulator can be very technical. It's not a game, at least not in the usual sense. There are no levels, scores, guns, missions, ranks, goals or progression of any kind. The program simulates civil flying to a point that some study is required. The Learning Center and Lessons are provided in the program to help you learn. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You'll find the above advice the most useful 😉

For heavy jets, you are looking to rotate between 160 and 180 KIAS depending on the aircraft, weight, weather conditions etc. To be more specific, have a look at the checklists at this site. It has speeds for take off and approach that you may find useful, but it is no substitute for the Learning Centre material 😉

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Freebies/HandlingNotes/simchecklists.asp

👍

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

or if you still can't get off the ground you can just put on full flaps, parking brakes, full throttle and the max wind speed blowing towards you and all you have to do to take off is just release the parking brake and u are hovering in mid-air.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Why not lighten your fuel 50% and passenger load 100%, you should lift then.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

or you could just do what I suggested

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

amermel wrote:

or you could just do what I suggested

Its hardly orthodox or authentic though 🙄

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

For these heavys you should definitly lighten your load as radarman said, and keep in mind most of these planes have a max-takeoff-weight. For the 777, flaps should be at 15 for ideal takeoff, and 10 on the 747.

Don't forget too that these are heavy aircraft, and won't lift off on short fields like most aircraft will. You're really going to be looking for runways of length greater than 10,000ft to get off the ground comfortably. You can check a runway's length using the map in game, and clicking on the airport. All of the information regarding runways is listed there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

If he doesn't know what flaps are everything you guys are telling him to do is going to be over his head.

As CRJ said start out in the learning center with the Cessna, then work your way up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

If he doesn't know what flaps are everything you guys are telling him to do is going to be over his head.

As CRJ said start out in the learning center with the Cessna, then work your way up.

Agree. Yes Yes Yes

OK then guys thanks i think i will start off with the pilot training lessons and work my way up to the boeings.

IS there a program you can download which can enable you to repaint the aircrfts as u want them?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

IS there a program you can download which can enable you to repaint the aircrfts as u want them?

You need DXTBmp available here ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2883/dxtbmp-dxt-extended-bitmap-editor/

You need a graphics editor, a good fully working trial version is available here ➡ http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4900067&cid=catalog20038&segid=8100002

Good luck!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...