Yellowstone National Park

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I just watched a very interesting "factual drama" called "Supervolcano: The Truth About Yellowstone" made by the BBC where it shows what would happen if the giant volcano underneath Yellowstone National Park ever erupted.

Anyway, there was lots of chopper flying in it, around some brilliant scenery. I took a flight around the default yellowstone and wasn't very impressed, so I searched avsim for a replacement, and got a whole heap of packages: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Yellowstone&CatID=fs2004scen&Go=Search

My question is, what is the best free addon available for the area, can you recommend some and provide links too? If possible, I would like to see some coulourfull thermal lakes, new terrain, and a few 3D objects like bridges, ranger stations, etc?

Cheers

Last edited by ceetee on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

ha thats funny. espescialy since im a kid and i like explosions! 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

ha thats funny. espescialy since im a kid and i like explosions!

LOL, who doesn't like explosians? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

well if u r my lil' sis... opions cans turn into big fights....then punishment like NO FLIGHT SIM!!!!!!!! 😕 AHHHHHHHHH!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the link RM.

Could anyone advise me which is better to get:
1)FSGenius's 38.2m mesh (33mb) including Yellowstone and surrounding land

2)RealScene 2004 Terrain and Landclass Preview covering Yellowstone Park and the Grand Tetons area (40mb)

3) Wilfred Husted's scenery enhancements for Yellowstone National Park with more accurately placed lakes, roads and streams and some landclass changes (1.2mb)

Any ideas ❓ ❓ ❓

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Ok, I’ll reply to myself then…
…I went ahead and downloaded the 40mb RealScene preview which apparently contains terrain and landclass for the national park. It came with two .BGL files I installed and here are some screenshots of the result:

IMO, it looks pretty good, although I can’t stand the default water textures since I have been using the famous VOZ addon. I guess I was expecting a package simular to the Columbia River Gorge Project (which is absolutely fantastic) for a bit of typical rural American countryside to explore, but to be honest it’s not as good and I can’t even spot any modified landclass at all! 😕 The good point's about this are that it covers a huge area, theres lots of mountains aswell as waterbodies, so it's perfect to for amphibious planes 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...