ez-scenery

Pro Member Trainee
turbotay Trainee

hey i was on avsim the other day and they had a add for abacus's new product its called ez scenery and what it does is after u buy it u start flight sim and at the tool bar theres a new section called abacus and u click on it and go into slew mode and it will give u a list of wat to put and when u click on somthing it shows up infront of your aircraft and u can visually choose where u want it to go and they have a demo version for free that wont expire but it wont give u all the items in the purchaised version and it only lets you put thins within a 50 mile radius of seattle airport but its still pretty cool 😎 i just thought id point it out because i found it alot easyer that rwy12 👍

heres the link: http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s600.htm

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

I bought this - it's AWESOME !

You set up FS in the normal way (ie.. a flight, at an airport that you want to add scenery too)....

....then you simply place your plane wherever you want to add some scenery and access the FS Menu and go into the EZ Scenery menu. This brings up a box (GUI) and from that you simply drop objects wherever you want... you can select the Heading (direction the object will face), the Scale (size of the object) and the distance from your plane... then WHOOF!

....Click a button and that object now permanently lives in FS !

(Although you can delete it later if you change your mind and don't want it).

I fly in FS (and in real life 😀 ) a lot from my local airport, EGNT (Newcastle), although it carries as many passengers as Liverpool airport and is the fastest growing Regional (non-London) airport in the UK, there is not one single piece of freeware scenery available for it for FS2004 on AVSIM or elsewhere.

So thanks so EZ Scenery, I spent just one evening designing my own! I have signs, trucks, tows, coaches, lights, masts, baggage belts, boxes, cargo, EVERYTHING! and the best bit is that it causes only a minimal effect in Frame Rates.

It really is a phenominal, super easy piece of FS software that can change the way you look at Scenery in the sim... It's highly unlikely that you'll ever pay for payware scenery again once you have this, and even freeware scenery seems less appealing when you can design any of your own airports so easily!

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Pro-Sim,
That sounds like your bringing the sim to life. If you get a chance post a few screenshots.
Have you seen all the add-on scenery you can download for the program.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=EZ-Scenery+&CatID=fs2004sd&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hi Radar Man,

As a lover of eye candy in the sim as I know you are - this program is for you! You'll love it !

I'll post some screenies - I only messed about with one airport up to now (EGNT as in my above post), so it's basic stuff but it will show what can be done !

I'll get back on later with some pics !

Definately a one for your shopping list though RM 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

These pics aren't too great - as you can see I had some technical problems and to screen print the pics to get them uploaded as JPEG files at Photobucket. The pics are screen printed out of low resolution MS PAINT files so they look pretty poor - on my screen they looked amazing !Hopefully you can see some of the detail though 😀

This first pic shows some of the objects that I placed next to an empty aircraft parking space within FS. What then happens is that if you have a Traffic programme (I have Traffic 2005), the planes will park next to the service vehicles and it looks great!

This second pic shows quite a few additions I made to the main terminal. In the pic I have added lighting masts, tug trucks, Catering trucks, luggage trolleys, etc, etc

This third pic shows an area that was just a barren, empty part of the airport with no default objects. I made it into an "De-Icing Area" by adding the de-icing truck, the other trucks, the lamps, and the partition walls.

To put it into contect, I TRANSFORMED this airport from a dull, default, lifeless airport in FS, to an action packed, customised airport - and all in about 1 hour thanks to this program!

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Whoa, those look great. I like the idea of placing objects to make the airports look alive.
More signs and trucks would look great, you've done a good job and as time goes on you'll get more experienced with all the objects they give you and what you can download and add.
This sim just grows and grows on you, amazing!

Radar

cuyaya Guest

Hi,

I am a bit confuse... !! I am trying to use some of the planes of my aircraft floder as static aircraft... is this posible with this tool .. ez-scenery.?? i been trying but havent found the way... 😞

thnks,

Cam

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

cuyaya wrote:

Hi,

I am a bit confuse... !! I am trying to use some of the planes of my aircraft floder as static aircraft... is this posible with this tool .. ez-scenery.?? i been trying but havent found the way... 😞

thnks,

Cam

You have to use scenery made for it, look at avsim for more.

Radar

AD6Jock Guest

😕 I have been using ez scenery, quite happily I might add, for about 8 or 9 months now with no problem. Now when I place and object and add from ez scnery, close sim and restart, the object is not there.
Have not changed anything from day one; now, just out of the blue, the objects are not showing. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

This stuff looks really great! 🙂

If you want something even better than EZ-Scenery try Instant Scenery from Flight1 ($24.94)

Pro Member Trainee
westy841 Trainee

I had the same problem. Can someone tell me how i can get extra object for my EZ Scenery? Like airstairs or an aircraft finger?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

westy841 wrote:

I had the same problem. Can someone tell me how i can get extra object for my EZ Scenery? Like airstairs or an aircraft finger?

Thanks

Try this.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=EZ-Scenery+&CatID=fs2004sd&Go=Search

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...