IM CLOSE TO PASSING MY PILOTS LICENCE!!!!

Student pilot Guest

I am close to passing my pilots licence(Nppl) 😀
i cant wait intill i pass.
I am amazed that i had to pay £3300. Its alot cheaper than ppl. Which is why i am going for the ppl later on in piloting.
Im doing great in my pilot training and ive already got the naviagation equipment!

Answers 31 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Congrats! Yes the price seems low, but then you only need 32 flying hrs, to pass with nppl, providing you are doing it right. I've started the same course, doubt if I'll finish it though, being 76 years young, can only afford limited lessons, but it's a great experience.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's Great. 👏 I'm happy for both of you. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

That's Great. 👏 I'm happy for both of you. 🙂

So am I!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Thanks to all, but it was FS2004 that brought it about for me. I got so involved, that our sons bought me a starter flying course as a Christmas pressy, thinking maybe I might not be so interested after the first experiences, but it back-fired, I love it! Can't expect them to keep up the payments, so have to economise at home, and save hard, hehe!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Congratulations you two! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

congratulations to both of you!

i wish I were close, but I'm quite the opposite. I graduate high school in june, then I start college in september. i'm aiming for a bachelor's degree in aviation science 😀

wish me luck!

student pilot Guest

I am very near to passing and i cant wait. I found pilot training not too hard. I am happy that i only needed to pay £3300 insted of 4700. Things seem to be going well. 😀

student pilot Guest

IVE PASSED MY LICENCE!!!! I am now a fully trained PILOT 😂 Ha finaly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Congratulations!! Group Wave

Fun flying! 🍻 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Congratulations to you student pilot 🍻

student pilot wrote:

IVE PASSED MY LICENCE!!!! I am now a fully trained PILOT 😂 Ha finaly.

Very good! Congratulations on achieving this, now are you saving for your own 'bird', or is this a step towards being a pro'. I'm going a shade of green.

👏 and 🍻

Now a pilot Guest

I plan to save for a cessna aircraft. I cant wait to fly it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Congratulations, 👏 Fly safe. Remember that a good pilot is aways learning.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Congrats!!!!Have fun,and fly safe! 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Congradulations on passing your PPL, great work! 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

It won't be soon until I get my PPL liscense - I wil be doing a trial flght soon and can't wait! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

Congratulations Comrade.

No longer a student pilot Guest

Im already paying for my cessna aircraft! Im making my may up!! 😂 Next im going for is my ppl but thats later. Right now im paying for my aircraft. Ive already got the navigation equipment and most important of all...my sunglasses😉

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

No longer a student pilot wrote:

Im already paying for my cessna aircraft! Im making my may up!! 😂 Next im going for is my ppl but thats later. Right now im paying for my aircraft. Ive already got the navigation equipment and most important of all...my sunglasses😉

Are you going to try for a CPL?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Congratulations to both of you!

By the way, what is the difference between a PPL and a NPPL apart from the price???

I have never heard of a NPPL before 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

The NPPL is a National PPL, meaning that it doesn't apply to anywhere outside of the UK. With a standard PPL, you can fly anywhere in Europe. However, the exams are all still the same and prices are fairly similar, so why you'd want to do a NPPL I don't know Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well there is a difference. At our local Flying School. £4,500.00p approx for ppl, and £3,200.00p for nppl. I think the difference is nppl is VFR only, and no night flying, plus restricted to UK. Both courses include class room instruction, and exam. The instructor is the qualified examiner also.

They also do a special 7 hour course, for passengers in small aircraft, teach the basics, in case an emergency arises. Just how to fly level, and an emergency landing.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Cool, thanks for explaining.

I am going to get a PPL rather than a NPPL then!

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

You can't get an NPPL in NZ anyway. 🙄

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

😳 people instead of nipple?

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

Now a pilot wrote:

I plan to save for a cessna aircraft. I cant wait to fly it.

i wish you good luck affording and upkeeping one. it has also been my lifetime dream to own a cessna, i don't know if i ever will

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Congratulations you all guys, i am going for mine in August. Hope all goes well. 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
Tanart Trainee

HAS ANYONE BESIDES ME FOUND IT HARD TO FIND A FLIGHT INSTRUCTER. I CANNOT FIND ONE ANYWHERE NEAR MY HOME IN SC NEAR SAVANNAH GA.
i GUESS i WILL HAVE TO SAVE ENOUGH AND GO TO ONE OF THE LARGER FLIGHT SCHOOLS.

Years ago, when I first gained an interest in flying, but could not afford it, there was a flying club with instructers at every airport.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Excuse the ignorance, but does SC mean South Carolina?

If it does then try here:

http://www.naiasc.com/

Conway-Horry County Airport
1700 Airport Road
Conway, South Carolina 29527

I don't know if it is anywhere near you.

Theres three more here:

http://www.bestaviation.net/flight_school/south-carolina/

😉

madbrit Guest
Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Great site, thanks for the link!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...