Install problems please help :(

Goose454 Guest

Currentlyhalfway through installing the deluxe version. It tells me to insert disc2. So I take disc1 out of the cdrom drive and insert disc2.

NOTHING!!

Keeps coming up prompting me to insert disc2. Its currently still doing it. I come online to see if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone knows how to get around it.

I HATE FRIDAY THE 13TH 😞(((

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

It needs to go in the dvd-rom drive.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Click on the DVD drive in My Computer. that'll open the FSX DVD.
Select install and see if that works.
If you get an error message please tell us exactly what it says.

You do have SP2 and all the latest updates, they came out with more this past Tuesday.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Terry (Superhuey) Trainee

Have just installed FS2004 with 4 CDs.

When disk 1 finished the prompt came up to insert disk 2,so I did. Like you nothing. However when the prompt to insert disk 2 reappeared I just clicked "OK" having left CD2 in the drive. Lo and Behold away it went!!! Same happened on all the other disks. Took same action on all and install was successful.

Hope this helps

My Friday the 13th has gone quite well, found 20p in the Supermarket car park!! Will deliberate all evening on how to spend it!!!

Goos454 Guest

It did go into the DVD Rom Drive 🙂

Basically I got nothing. I kept on getting the message to insert the dvd which I already had done so I continued to click OK. Then I opened the dvd rom and closed it again and still nothing. Checked My Computer - DVD. It indicated a dvd was not in the drive.

After 35 mins of searching on the web finding nothing and getting pinged to insert dvd2. I took out the dvd, re-inserted and clicked okay faster than ever. Might have been an act of god because suddenly the drive fired up.

It works now and been registered. I'm now to tired to play it LOL.

By The Way, In my trusty MS 98 version I got a sweet booklet with maps and atc, vor info of heaps of airports around the globe. This version doesn't have that. I think thats a big help to newbies like me, I was looking forward to getting a newer version of this. Hopefully the MS book I ordered for FSX will have these in.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Burners will act that way sometimes, a drive alone won't.
I had that problem with another piece of software once and had to keep hitting "OK" until it loaded.
Bad news!

Glad you have it installed.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

👍

snaga Guest

I seem to be having the same problem. I waited for MS support for about 70 minutes the other night. I was told to make sure that my dvd was drive D or E, which it wasn't. They hung up on me, and that didn't help.

I have been clicking on the insert disk 2 button for quite a while now, to no avail. I am using a DVD burner. Do I need to by a DVD drive to get this thing going?

Thanks for the help.

Lancero Guest

I just finished talking to Microsoft's support. I was unable to continue the install when prompted to insert disk 2. I unistalled nero, tried different programs and it didn't work.

The solution:
1. Uninstall Nero
2. Uninstall Nvidio
3. Unintall Intel Video Launcher

I have to say that I was on hold for about 10-15 minutes to reach a customer service representative, then I was transfered to a support person and was on hold for another 5-10 minutes. It was shorter than I had expected.

I hope that this help others. I spent about 4 hours closing processes and unistalling applications.

My configuration:
AMD FX57
1 DVD drive (Lieteon)
1 DVD burner (Pioneer)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...