is my pc good enough for FSX?

Nirvanium17 Guest

Hey, I'm new to Flight Simulator in general. I was wondering if I shoyld by FS 2004 or FSX. I read that in order to have a good experience with FSX, you need a top-of-the-line PC. Is that true? I have a AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1 gb of ram, and GeForce 6600 256 mb, 160 gb HD. Will FS 2004 work better with my PC? Or will FSX be fine? Thank you.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Stay with 2004 until you get a much better machine.
Good luck and enjoy it!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

Please bear in mind that a 90% of my recent screeinies have come from an AthlonXP 64 3000, with 2gb ram, 160gb SATA2 HD and 2 x 7300GT cards.

You are not that far away.

Nirvanium Guest

Thanks alot Radarman. I apologize, I didn't see the sticky with the Game Advisor link. The Game Advisor told me my computer was great, and that I was in the top 7% of all PCs scanned. I'm sure when it told me that when my PC was capable of running FSX, it was talking about the minimum requirements, am I correct? Anway thanks alot for all your help. Peace

Pro Member First Officer

It checks against minimum requirements.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nirvanium wrote:

Thanks alot Radarman. I apologize, I didn't see the sticky with the Game Advisor link. The Game Advisor told me my computer was great, and that I was in the top 7% of all PCs scanned. I'm sure when it told me that when my PC was capable of running FSX, it was talking about the minimum requirements, am I correct? Anway thanks alot for all your help. Peace

Minimum for FSX is miserable, stick with FS9 and all the add-ons for it will be much cheaper now.

Radar

Nirvanium17 Guest

BashDaBish wrote:

It checks against minimum requirements.

What do you mean by checking "against" min. req.?

Pro Member First Officer

It compares your specs against that of the minimum requirements then offers a rating of how well it expects your machine to perform. If it compared your specs against FSX's recommended specs then your results would not be as impressive. Marketing 🙄

Nirvanium17 Guest

Naturally Smile Thanks alot for the help! BTW, I'm all new to this as I've mentioned in my above post. Is there a special book that will teach me how to fly, the basics, and advanced? Or will the FS 2004 Guide book teach me? Thanks!

Nirvanium17 Guest

anyone?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Nirvanium17 wrote:

Naturally Smile Thanks alot for the help! BTW, I'm all new to this as I've mentioned in my above post. Is there a special book that will teach me how to fly, the basics, and advanced? Or will the FS 2004 Guide book teach me? Thanks!

Have you tried the FS9 lessons and Learning Center? They are quite useful at all levels 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nirvanium17 wrote:

There are lessons that come with the sim, you fly the lessons and there is a large learning center in the sim also.
Everything you need and members here who can help.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...