FSX B737 Fault

FSX B737 Fault Guest

HI

I have noticed a few glitches in FSX but the most annoying one is that flying the 737 sometime, and only sometimes the Speed indicator reads 0 whilst in flight.

I have not set it to fail on the failures screen.

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Pitot icing. Is your pitot heat on?

saint4 Guest

I fly the 737 all the time but i havent got that.

The logo light doesnt work nor does (autobrake in 3d cockpit.)
Theres no nav lights and the taxi lights dont work. Also passenger lights dont work.

Anti-collision and landing lights work, strobe lights work, panel lights work.

CrashGordon wrote:

Pitot icing. Is your pitot heat on?

Yes it was,

By the way what does the pilot heat do?

Also what are the de iceing toggles do? and when should they be used?

Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The heated pitot system consists of a heating element in the pitot tube. When the pitot heat switch is turned on, the element in the pitot tube is heated electrically to maintain proper operation in possible icing conditions. Ice blocking the Pitot tube will cause the airspeed indicator to malfunction. Pitot heat should be used when flying thru visible moisture(clouds or rain) with a outside temperature(OAT)or Total Air Temperature (TAT) of 0 degrees C or less. Commercial and jet aircraft use pitot heat continuously during flight.

Deice switch's control the wing and engine inlet anti-ice/deice system. Structural icing degrades performance of wings and engines. In large jet aircraft this consist of using hot engine bleed air to heat leading edges of wing and inlet of engines to prevent the accumulation of ice in flight. Normally used(simple answer) when flying in visible moisture with a OAT or TAT of 0 degrees or less. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...