Another Callsign Question

Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

When flying the B738 in the dreamliner C/S I set the call sign to BOEING and the flight number to 6696 but the ATC does not say BOEING they just say 6696.

If I sat the callsign to any of the others like SOAR, GHIA or PACIFICA the ATC voice will say these call signs.

Is this a setting issue or a glitch?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

captainsimon wrote:

When flying the B738 in the dreamliner C/S I set the call sign to BOEING and the flight number to 6696 but the ATC does not say BOEING they just say 6696.

If I sat the callsign to any of the others like SOAR, GHIA or PACIFICA the ATC voice will say these call signs.

Is this a setting issue or a glitch?

I would think that BOEING wouldn't be recognized as a callsign because it's not an Airline but an Aircraft manufacturer.

SOAR, GHIA and PACIFICA are all airlines.

Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

I understand what you are saying but in the aircraft details section you are able to assign a your aircraft a call sign and one of those is BOEING so it should called by ATC as such.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...