Virtual Memory with FSX

Pro Member Trainee
djay08 Trainee

I have a Dell Dimension 8250 with an Intel Pentium 4 processor at 2.53GHz. I also have 850 Megs of Ram. When flying the simulator with med-high scenery settings I am getting a message that says my virtual memory is too low. Does anyone have an idea how I can change this so that the game runs without this message? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Running Guest

assuming you are running windows XP:

Right click on my compter, select properties
Click on the advanced tab
Next to performance click on settings
Click on the advanced tab (Guess changing your virtual memory settings is kinda advance)
Next to virtual memory click on change
Here are the buttons to set/change your virtual settings.

What follows is my opinion others might disagree and in rare cases even know better:
Normally you'd want a virtual memory size 3 times the memory you actually have. So around 3 GB should be ok. Try to select one drive for this and preferbly a fast HDD. Set the initial size and max size to this number. Limit the paging files to one partition.

If you still get messages about your virtual memory size you could try to increase it further than the 3 GB.

Pro Member Trainee
djay08 Trainee

Thank's for the advice. I changed my settings to range from 2500MB - 3000MB. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...