Should I get flight simulatorx for christmas?is it worth it?

Should I get Flight simulator x for Christmas? is it that different from Flight simulator 2004? I need some suggestions, pros and cons, please. 😀 😀

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Borzoi Trainee

Absolutely worth it mate, just remember it will take some getting used to and some tweaking of your system in order to get it operating well.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Hmm I'de say yes it's worth it. Handling on aircraft is much smoother, graphics are way better. One thing that needs to be emphasized though is that the A. The graphics aren't what they should be and B. Performance.

Now when I mention A, the graphics aren't what they should be because the hardware doesn't exist to make it look like it was designed too. So next year with a new comp playing FSX will be like suddenly switching from a dry steak to a juicy roast beef.

As for B, it's the again this is in a way parallel with what I said in point A. The hardware required doesn't exist to run FSX with a high average framerate unless you have a super computer lol. So I still think it's well worth buying and I suppose what I'm also trying to say is it's a good investment so to speak lol

Go and buy it now!! 😀

~Sno0ze

Pro Member Trainee
Borzoi Trainee

One thing I want to add as well is be prepared for a bit of frustration when it comes to graphics. the old NV4_disp.dll error is back with a vengance in FSX. I get it at least 3 times a day on my system with all memory checking out and all systems checking normal as well.

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

FSX in itself is worth it...By relative means it differs

if you have a lesser than moderate system then do not go with FSX and be with FS2004 only..But if you have a good specs system with a recent video card, good processor, good amount of ram(min 1 GB) and good amount of video ram (512 MB) then you would want to purchase FSX..else better keep it when you would upgrade your computer.And i would not suggest you to upgrade your computer in near future but to wait until Windows Vista comes out and there is a good range of Direct X 10 capable cards to choose from...

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

When did you get fs 2004? If you got it early such as early 2006, I think you should stick with fs 2004. I got fs 2004 in late February 2006 and I still want to play it. In other words, keep playing fs 2004 or other flightsim as long as possible. It wouldn't be worth it if you got fs 2004 or other flightsim early and one week later you're playng fsX and into X. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Yeah i agree with Kevin..He's got a valid point...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...