To: KLCH - Lake Charles Rgnl - Usa
Nbr of Passengers: 2

Flight Distance: 63 Nm Landing Speed: 54.96 kt
Time Airborne: 00h33:38 Landing Touchdown: -318.46 ft/m
Flight Time (block): 00h42:51 Landing Pitch: 7.41°
Time On Ground: 00h10:48 Landing Weight: 3053 lbs
Average Speed: 114.03 kt Total Fuel Used: 66 lbs
Max. Altitude: 4032ft Fuel Not Used: 418 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Very good flight, professionally done (98%)

Overall Flight Result: Perfect

Pilot Bonus points: 130 points
Good Flight, no problems and satisfied passengers. (+100)
You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)

After the long flight from Seattle to Houston and then to Lafayette, La (KLFT). I have arrived and ready to take command of my own plane. I had seen an ad over the net for a slightly used Cirrus SR22 and couldn't pass up the offer.

As we were on final approach to Lafayette I saw my new plane waiting for me glittering in the sun like a freshly polished gem. Although I wasn't first out of the plane once we landed I sure was there near the front of the line. Some of the other passengers gave me a dirty look and I heard them whispering things. I didn't care; I had just gotten my license and couldn't wait to get to my new plane.

In an effort to share my enthusiasm I had met two ladies that were wanting to drive to Lake Charles (KLCH). I offered to take them there since I was heading back to Seattle and would pass very close to Lake Charles. They accepted and I got my first passengers.

The flight was fairly uneventful. There was some mild turbulence, but I was expecting that. My passengers, however, weren't as optimistic as I was. I was able to calm their nerves and we landed safely about half an hour after take-off.

I am totally hooked with this plane and not too sure what I will do in the near future. Having passengers was quite an adventure in itself and I think I could get quite accustomed to ferrying people around in my plane with me. But, being that this plane only holds 2 passengers it could get quite restrictive if I want to make a business out of thes.

Flight Date: January 24 2006
Departure: 19h29 (01h29 GMT)
Arrival: 20h34 (02h34 GMT)
To: KIAH - George Bush Intcntl Houst - Usa

Flight Distance: 110 Nm Landing Speed: 66.95 kt
Time Airborne: 00h54:23 Landing Touchdown: -323.08 ft/m
Flight Time (block): 01h04:21 Landing Pitch: 2.13°
Time On Ground: 00h11:43 Landing Weight: 3009 lbs
Average Speed: 122.52 kt Total Fuel Used: 90 lbs
Max. Altitude: 6036ft Fuel Not Used: 394 lbs
Climb Time: 00h07:12 Climb Fuel Used: 17 lbs
Cruise Time: 00h37:10 Cruise Fuel Used: 61 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 148.29 kt (M0.23) Cruise fuel/hour: 99 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h10:01 Descent Fuel Used: 11 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Very good flight, professionally done (90%)
-Were irritated by the excess G-forces. (+2.53).

Pilot Bonus points: 30 points

For my second leg of my trip back home I met two guys that were heading my way through Houston (KIAH). Little did they know it wasn't going to be a good flight.

It started out fine with a little turbulence again. But as we got close to Houston we saw an interesting light show. A string of aircraft laid out like pearls decorated the night sky. They all seemed to be landing on 33R from what I gathered over the radio. We were also instructed to land 33R, but I was able to get permission to land 33L. That was the least of my troubles as I learned a little later.

Since 33L wasn't ILS equiped I was instructed to line up on 33R and then sidestep over to 33L. I thought perhaps I could use one of the GPS units in the plane to set up an approach to 33L. Well, as I was fiddling with the GPS I nearly flew right past the airport and had to scramble to get on course and capture the localizer for 33R. I wasn't able to get lined up because I was too close to the airport but to far to the left of the runway. I had to come in from the side and turn in to line up for 33L.

Poor Chris, one of the passengers, nearly filled up one of the bags for air sickness. Larry just moaned and grumbled something about never flying again. I honestly don't know who was more scared, me or the passengers.

The final straw was the landing itself. I was coming down a little too fast and instinctively pulled up...too fast. I'm sure these two guys felt 2.5g or more before, but I'm also sure they weren't expecting it.

When we finally finished taxiing Crhis stumbled out of the plane and fell to the ground while Larry just shook his head as he quickly walked away.

Maybe it might not be a good idea after all to carry passengers...

Flight Date: January 24 2006
Departure: 08h22 (14h23 GMT)
Arrival: 09h41 (15h42 GMT)
To: KSAT - San Antonio Intl - Usa

Flight Distance: 165 Nm Landing Speed: 64.96 kt
Time Airborne: 01h08:37 Landing Touchdown: -156.92 ft/m (nice)
Flight Time (block): 01h18:47 Landing Pitch: 3.40°
Time On Ground: 00h12:05 Landing Weight: 3009 lbs
Average Speed: 144.44 kt Total Fuel Used: 98 lbs
Max. Altitude: 8369ft Fuel Not Used: 386 lbs
Climb Time: 00h07:18 Climb Fuel Used: 19 lbs
Cruise Time: 00h49:26 Cruise Fuel Used: 64 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 154.89 kt (M0.24) Cruise fuel/hour: 78 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h11:53 Descent Fuel Used: 14 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)
-Are relieved to have landed safely after the extreme weather they experienced during landing.

Pilot Bonus points: 330 points
You made a very nice landing. (+50)
Perfect Flight, no problems and very satisfied passengers. (+150)
Extreme weather conditions during approach, but a safe landing and satisfied passengers. (+100)

Well, after a good night's sleep in one of Houston's lesser known Motels it's time I got back in the saddle.

I guess all those planes we saw last ngiht were on vacation or strike. I didn't see much activity and already had an oppotunity to pick up a couple more passengers. As I was eating my breakfast at the airport I overheard two elderly ladies complaining that their flight to San Antonio (KSAT) was delayed because of mechanical problems with their plane. Since I'm heading in that direction I offered them a 'ride' and they were quite happy to accompany me.

The flight itself was frought with turbulence as before. I seem to be a magnet for that. The fun part was when we were on final and without any warning a strong gust of wind toseed us around. I did manage to land the plane safely and the ladies were quite pleased with my flying skills.

I'm debating whether to do some sight-seeing today or continue on. My next leg to El Paso is going to be quite lenghty. I'll write back later after I've rested and decided.

Flight Date: January 25 2006
Departure: 12h53 (18h54 GMT)
Arrival: 14h07 (20h08 GMT)
To: KSJT - San Angelo Rgnl Mathis Fl - Usa

Flight Distance: 150 Nm Landing Speed: 80.95 kt
Time Airborne: 01h00:13 Landing Touchdown: -395.38 ft/m
Flight Time (block): 01h14:08 Landing Pitch: -0.44°
Time On Ground: 00h15:50 Landing Weight: 2996 lbs
Average Speed: 150.52 kt Total Fuel Used: 112 lbs
Max. Altitude: 6309ft Fuel Not Used: 372 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)

Pilot Bonus points: 180 points
Perfect Flight, no problems and very satisfied passengers. (+150)

After a tourist trip to the Alamo and a night on the town I slept most of this morning trying to recover from a fairly nasty hangover. After a few cups of coffee and a nice breakfast I got back into my plane and headed off to San Angelo Regional (KSJT).

'What happened to El Paso?' you ask? When I got to my plane I already had two lovely ladies asking if I would take them to KSJT. Since it's in the general direction that I'm heading I said 'of course.'

This flight was uneventful and peaceful. We didn't get a single whiff of turbulence the entire time and there was barely a cloud in the sky.

As we were taxiing from the landing to the North parking area Berta mentioned knowing some people from a big airline that she wouldn't name. She asked for my contact information and said for me to wait for a pleasant surprise. I can only guess she'll put in some good words for me with her friends...or maybe she's just some nut. Either way I gave her my info and she walked away quite the satisfied passenger.

Now, after a bit of a rest I'm going to head out to El Paso. Hopefully I'll get there before it gets too dark.

Flight Date: January 25 2006
Departure: 15h58 (21h58 GMT)
Arrival: 16h55 (23h56 GMT)
To: KELP - El Paso Intl - Usa

Flight Distance: 300 Nm Landing Speed: 73.95 kt
Time Airborne: 01h48:32 Landing Touchdown: -215.38 ft/m (nice)
Flight Time (block): 01h58:21 Landing Pitch: 2.21°
Time On Ground: 00h11:42 Landing Weight: 2949 lbs
Average Speed: 166.43 kt Total Fuel Used: 207 lbs
Max. Altitude: 7545ft Fuel Not Used: 277 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Very good flight, professionally done (98%)

Pilot Bonus points: 180 points
You made a very nice landing. (+50)
Good Flight, no problems and satisfied passengers. (+100)

Boy, what a flight! If I'm going to continue taking on passengers I may have to have them submit to a mental exam. One of my passengers, let's just call her Ms. Meyer only because that's the only polite name I have for her, must have never flown before. She was clinching the back of my seat the entire time and jumping at any slight noise the entire time. Lucky for me there was only a couple minutes of turbulence otherwise I would have to have let her off the plane the hard way.

And it's actually a good thing that I didn't have to make any sort of emergency landing. It's quite desolate between KSJT and KELP. But the scenery was nice. It felt good to see mountains and hills again.

Now for a good night's sleep before I set out again.

Just as I'm proof-reading this post I got a call on my cell phone. I was too tired to get his name, but perked up when he told me I am now at C1. Won't be too much longer before I can certify to pilot a multi-engine turboprop. I can see it now though; this beautiful Cirrus might rust away if I move on. I'll have to find a nice hangar to keep it at.

Next stop, Tucson. Got friends there I haven't seen in a few years.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

now you need to add the flight time when loading your plane. Always fun to fight weather, deal with passengers who get upset because you forgot to tell them to put on their seatbelt, and complete your flight within seconds of when you said. Alot of fubn a busy airports where the AC keeps saing "go around"

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

I'll be doing that shortly. Since he's only carrying 2 passengers I figured I wouldn't bother with the estimated time for now. Although I do have my pilot flying for a made-up airline I don't actually have him working for one yet since he's just bringing his plane to Seattle. I also haven't hit any busy airports since KIAH, but it might be busy at Tucson (KTUS). About to find that out now and try estimating a time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hey Mith - Why not post your flight report in the 'Flight Report post!?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

I hadn't thought of that. But anyway what I'm doing here is something similar to what cheekytrolley is doing with the OZ Tour. I guess you can say this is a tour even though I'm writing it as though my pilot is bringing a plane he just bought in Louisiana back home to Seattle. This is the first set of legs on his trip and amny more after that.

The entire log is in my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/members/mithflyer/ and I'm posting sets of them here as he gets promoted to a new rank in FsPassengers.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...