Should this run fs2004 with no glitches?

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

I'm planning on an Upgrade. IF i plan to upgrade CPU will i notice a more, quicker game play. E.g. Ground textures dont take a while to load and uk2000 scenery dosn't hold down my FPS.

I'm Planning to get:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Skt939 2.4GHz 1MB Processor

AMD Athlon 3200+
Ati Readeon X800 Pro
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard
1GB Ram (2x 512mb)
250GB Maxtor 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Thoes in Italic's are my present configeration, Thoes in Bold are what i plan to get.

What ya think? Will i be able to run FS2004, with all UK2000 Scenery, Ground and Flight Enviroment Pro installed with no hitches? What about at JFK? Do you think it will drop frams then?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

yes im preatty sure it well run with no glitches with addon 1 gb of ram is alot i had a tablet with 512 mb of ram and 1.5 prosser and flight sim 04 worked like wah!

Pro Member First Officer

WOOOW, i had to whipe the dust from this post, i forogt about this...

I have recently upgraded again to a more powerfuller specificaton.

I currently have the following;

Nvidia Geroce 8800 GTX 768MB
4GB Ram PC3200, 400Mhz (4x 1GB)
300GB Maxtor 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Compare that to;

AMD Athlon 3200+
Ati Readeon X800 Pro
1GB Ram (2x 512mb)
250GB Maxtor 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

System is alot faster, still glitching around heathrow and JFK though, don't know why? Dose anyone have anysuggestions?

Thanks
Dan

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That's one mean machine! 😎

Pro Member First Officer

Dosn't perform up to my standards though, like i said glitches around Heathrow (EGLL) and JFK.

Still, when recording frames drop 😞

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

i have this

pentium 4 prosser might be a 2.50

3 gb of ram im not sure what the graphics card is but im planning to get an ati radeon x1950 graphics card im wondering what fsx will be like becase i got a new comp .... will have no glichtes? on settings high not including th graphics card

Pro Member First Officer

I even get glitches with what i said above, I have my setings medium/ high (AI to about 20% and cars toabout 75%)

I can play with full settnigs, everything maxed (Expect AI) andi get about 8FPS.

With what i get i get about 15 - 23 FPS.

Itall depends on oyour graphics card and ohow you run FS, IE defrag and System Indexing!

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

my comp is a custome computer so its easy to upgrade. what kind of ram do you recomend ? . and hardirve becuse i want a fantastic experince in fsx

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

There must be something wrong with the download or the disk. I have:

AMD 2.0ghz dual core
1gb 533mhz memory
250gb hard drive
Nvidia 6100

And it works fine anywhere, no glithches

Pro Member First Officer
dkt3 First Officer

whats the ram ?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...