Which pre-built PC should I get to run FS2020?

I am an old guy who knows just enough about computers to do basic stuff. I have used the old MS flight sims in the past. I used to fly real planes but have had no PIC time in over 30 years. The required spec charts mean nothing to me so they are no help. Also, I find that the descriptions given of new PCs do not seem to match what I see in the charts. I need somebody to suggest a pre-built computer or two in terms of brand and model number. Thanks in advance, Mike

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Mike,

Absolutely thrilled to assist you with this. No worries at all about the technical details - they can indeed be quite intimidating.

If we are looking at pre-built computers to run Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, there are some key components we need to consider: The Central Processing Unit (CPU), the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), the Random Access Memory (RAM), and the storage drive.

CPU (the brain of the computer that processes most of the data),
GPU (the component responsible for rendering the graphics),
RAM (temporary storage that the computer uses when it’s in operation), and
Storage Drive (where all your data including the Flight Simulator software will be stored).

1. Alienware Aurora R10 Gaming Desktop: This rig is highly capable and specifically designed for gaming. It comes with an AMD Ryzen 5 3500, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6, 8GB DDR4, and a 1TB Hard Drive. It's a reliable option if you're aiming for medium to high settings in MSFS 2020.
  2. HP Omen Obelisk: Another high-performing pre-built PC. This one comes with an Intel i7-9700, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 16GB RAM, and a 1TB SSD. This should allow you to enjoy MSFS 2020 at high to ultra settings depending on your monitor's resolution.
  3. Corsair One i160: This is quite a high-end option. It comes equipped with an Intel i9-9900K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM, and a 2TB HDD + 480GB SSD. This powerhouse should be able to handle MSFS 2020 at ultra settings with no sweat.

Remember, the MSFS 2020 is quite a demanding game and these are just minimum to optimum configurations. Future software updates may change the requirements.

Please also make sure you have a solid Internet connection, as the game often streams detailed data in real-time.

I hope this gives you a solid start. Feel free to ask if you need further clarifications.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...