just finished my very first build

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

well i did it built my first pc with no experience.. it really is as easy as they say..given i only ran into a few problems that i was able to fix in the bios. but this is what i got

amd athlon 64 3200 939 pin
2 gig of memory
350 watt master power psu
nvidia high perfomance graphics controller
chipset: nvidia geforce 6100 gpu + nforce 410 mcp
the mobo is a foxconn 6100k8ma it has a pci express x16 slot so i will upgrade the video card via that method i was unaware that is lacked an agp port my mistake for running out of compusa excited about the upcomming build. but all in all the system only cost me $456.78 i had some parts laying around from an old pc. and because of my lack of pc knowledge i bought a cd drive that i didnt need but i guess new is always better.

any idea what type of fps i should expect to get in fs2004 with this system im running windows 2000 it was the only os i could get my hands on. sorry for the long post

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's nice for that price, the p/s is quite low and XP can be had as an OEM version on line at www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com .
They have excellent prices and help if you are going to ever build another.
Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

😳 wow very surprised with performance i installed 2004 on the new system and figured i would set everything to max including autogen!! and would work my way down to get the optimal settings and low and behold i locked the fps at 20 and maxed everything out and the fps stay steady a 15fps with no stuttering at all. wow

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

djcevera wrote:

😳 wow very surprised with performance i installed 2004 on the new system and figured i would set everything to max including autogen!! and would work my way down to get the optimal settings and low and behold i locked the fps at 20 and maxed everything out and the fps stay steady a 15fps with no stuttering at all. wow

😀 Great, watch that p/s as you add USB peripherals.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

radar man you seem to be the go to guy around here can you point me in the direction of some really good virtual cockpits. one that mainly go with the stock 737 or 747. also what is the best commercial airliner that is freeware. i cant get the level d or pmdg i heard that they will only run with xp or something around that and that they are not compatible with windows 2000. thank you very much..oh one more thing when you say p/s do you mean processor speed? thanks again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

djcevera wrote:

radar man you seem to be the go to guy around here can you point me in the direction of some really good virtual cockpits. one that mainly go with the stock 737 or 747. also what is the best commercial airliner that is freeware. i cant get the level d or pmdg i heard that they will only run with xp or something around that and that they are not compatible with windows 2000. thank you very much..oh one more thing when you say p/s do you mean processor speed? thanks again

I'm hardly the worlds greatest authority especially on airliners, I fly GA.
I'm quite sure you can install a VC in an aircraft if has to come with it but let someone else back that up.

p/s. I mean power supply, a brand name, Antec, Thermaltake, Enermax.
Check www.newegg.com and read the user reviews for some, if it's too cheap then it cheaply built.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...