-1 ping when hosting.....why ?

Pro Member Trainee
kbohme Trainee

hey
I have a cable modem, and a pretty beefy system, I always host with the setting set to minimal. I have put both the simulator and gamespy in the alowed section of my vista firewall and yet whenever I host i still end up with a -1 ping, thus no takers for flyers.
When I connect to other games I seem to have a really good connection with rarely a small lag.
Any suggestions ?

Also I would like to set up multi ATC sessions where flyers can go from one airspace to another, with perhaps even ground/tower/departures at each airport. ( I know the last one is a bit of a pipe dream but at least multi airports )
anyone interested ?

Thanks for any help / interest 🙂

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Helge Meyer (Meyer189) Trainee

hay, yea i am interested, i am a real worl pilot but, can be ATC if you like... witch "aiports" do you have in mind..?

Best Regards. Helge Meyer

Pro Member Trainee
fighterpilot553 Trainee

i have the exact opposite problem. i can host games that people can join but i cant join other games because ALL of them are -1 Help??

Pro Member Trainee
Kevin Beuger (bsktballboy005) Trainee

Hey i would love to join that server it is a big dream but maybe someday i also am on my way to getting my private pilots liscense but enjoy playing fsx i have the same problem but best of wishes to your dream server

Pro Member Trainee
gmphap1 Trainee

hey i am interested too. i love flying and have 4.4 in real life and i would love to be an atc controller whats your sesion called?

Pro Member Trainee
gmphap1 Trainee

my gamespy ID is cessnaguy

Pro Member Trainee
first2run Trainee

Hey, I am also interested! I fly an F/A 18 Super Hornet!! (not in real life but maybe some day!) I would also like a sever just like this. Tell me the session or game name and I can hopefully join. By the way, I can join the -1 ping servers, all the servers anyway so I can't really help you but I am really sorry that that is happening 😞

Pro Member Trainee
kbohme Trainee

sorry about the delayed responce folks.
i had joined a VA but got sick of it.
I still have the dream of a multi airport server. I would be interested in ATC at CYYZ as I have all the charts and am familiar with all the VFR and VOR apporoaches and departures.
HOWEVER
I still have been unable to fix my -1 ping hosting problem, and therefore no one ever joins my sessions because they think it will be too slow.
Does anyone else have the ability to host without a -1 ping and would like to "start the dream ? "

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...