The "NEW" Pegasus Airways

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Just thought I would share my first attempt at a real re-paint doing it the proper way. Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and DXT.BMP.

Hope you guys like this one 🙂

There is a bit of work to do to get them right, ie working out how to adjust the Alpha Channel properly, but they are the result of all the help I have received from quite a few people (and you know who you are) so thanks to them and am still working on improvements.

Cheers to All

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You did an excellent paint job, nice and clean looking.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

RadarMan,

Thankyou for saying that I think it is a bit better than my very first attempt 🙂 Being able to use Photoshop and DXT.BMP made a huge differnce. I also had a good base model to work with too which made things easier I think. Still have to get to grips with reflection though, personally, I think this model is a little bit heavy on the reflection and I will post a screenshot or two so you can see what I mean. I'd like to tone it down just a little. Also need something for the Tail Fin - it looks a little bare as it is, even though the paint work is graduated like the fuselage is -it just doesnt show up too much in the screenshots.

Anyway, I think I am getting there slowly but am enjoying the challenge and oinly want to get better 🙂

Cheers

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

That's very good for a first attempt,soon enough you'll be doing "Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel" on the side of a 737. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great job wombat457, very sharp looking. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Thanks Guys for your comments - much appreciated 🙂

Unfortaunately, I have just found out that there is a Turkish Charter company that uses the name "Pegasus", so it looks as though I will either have to obtain their permission to use the name, attempt re-paints of their aircrafty or change my airline name 😞

And to Violentviolet - what a great idea, the Sistine Chapel on the side of my favorite plane, a 737 ❗ That has given me something to think about 😀

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hi Wombat, you said you're using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.
Do you still need to use Photoshop (I've got 7.0) or is 'Elements' enough?

If elements is all that's needed, I might get it, seeing that it's much cheaper
and I'm guessing less resource hungry 🤔

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Hi Wombat, you said you're using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.
Do you still need to use Photoshop (I've got 7.0) or is 'Elements' enough?

If elements is all that's needed, I might get it, seeing that it's much cheaper
and I'm guessing less resource hungry 🤔

Hi Tailhook -

I find that Elements 2 does everything that I want, or more to the point am capable of using. I have only ever used Elements 2 as it came with my digital camera and dont know what differences there are between Elements 2 and Photoshop 7. I am guessing that Photoshop 7 will give you more flexibility though.

I guess in short, Elements 2 works fine for me and has most things that are needed for a re-paint I think. It wont be as large a program as V7 so your right, it most likely wont be as resource hungry.

I'm not sure if this helps you at all, hope it does help in you making a decision one way or the other. I have attached a screenshot of Elements 2 so you can see if there are any significant differences in what it offers compared to V7. I'd be interested in knowing the differences too.

My personal opinion is to get the best you can and always have the "extra" resources available should you need them at a later date - but thats just my philosophy 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is version 7 off course - very old. My display looks a bit bland because I have rounded edges and other graphic enhancements turned off in Windows.
Thanks for posting the screenshot of Elements above!

I suppose my best bet is just trying it out seeing they have a 30-day trial.

Wombat if you can't see in my screenie what you're interested in, I might be able to dig a bit deeper. Just lemme know. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Tailhook - I have just spent the afternoon downloading PS CS and what a dissapointment 😞

For my money (and perhaps it is only because I am used to how Elements looks and feels) but I would go with Elements rather than the "full versioin. You can also get Elements 4 which is obviously the updated V2.

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for that Wombat, interesting finding. I might as well just give Elements a try - just found v4.0 Trial on one of my PC Magazine discs.
I should be able to run both, PS7 and Elements4.0 simultaneously for
ease of comparison.
No doubt my trial version will have expired by the time I get down to the
gory parts of repainting... so should you ever find that Element is missing a
function essential for repainting, please start a topic and share your findings with us.

A personal request: Once you're satisfied that you're repaint is ready to
be exposed and used by the masses, why not upload it? If not yet to the libraries, use SendSpace or something similar for us here at Flyaway. I'd love to have it!

Thanks 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Thanks for that Wombat, interesting finding. I might as well just give Elements a try - just found v4.0 Trial on one of my PC Magazine discs.
I should be able to run both, PS7 and Elements4.0 simultaneously for
ease of comparison.
No doubt my trial version will have expired by the time I get down to the
gory parts of repainting... so should you ever find that Element is missing a
function essential for repainting, please start a topic and share your findings with us.

A personal request: Once you're satisfied that you're repaint is ready to
be exposed and used by the masses, why not upload it? If not yet to the libraries, use SendSpace or something similar for us here at Flyaway. I'd love to have it!

Thanks 🍻

Wow Tailhook I am a bit taken back by your very generous and flattering comments.

First off I think there might be a couple of things that Elements could have to make repaints easier for people, for example the ability to draw a straight line (not using the pencil or brush function) then be able to bend it to create smoother curves. This may not be an essential tool to have, but it would certainly make things easier for those who want to replicate airlines that use curved lines in their design, or simply want to use curved lines in a persons own designs. Other than that, I have found Elements to have everything that I need to do my repaints. Bare in mind that I am a novice and I am sure there are more experienced people here who could think of other tools that would be useful as well.

Starting a Topic about Tools Needed for Repaints is a good idea though, and perhaps we could get people to highlight the different tools found in different paint/editing programs. I'm sure that this would give everyone the opportunity of getting a realistic comparison from real users, thus enabling people to make a better decision as to which Paint Program they may consider buying. I have never been one to take another persons ideas and run with them myself though, so perhaps, as it is your idea, you might like to start the topic and if I could help in anyway, then I would love to do that. A joint venture shall I say perhaps ?

I have to say also that I am VERY flattered that you should want my plane - this is something that I never expected or set out to achieve, but as said - it is seriously gratifying to know that my paint job is appreciated to the extent that some one would actually want it.

I dont have any problem with uploading the plane at all - except I dont know how to do that for one thing, and another is that I have lost plane 😞 It no longer appears in my Windows Explorer, FS2004 or saved work Folder. I dont know what i have done, but I seem to have lost it. Because I do have the pictures though - and the blank model and template, I can re do the plane as it appears here. Once done, and it will no doubt be better this time, I am more than happy to upload it for anyone to have and use 🙂

Once again Tailhook - this is so very flattering to me and I thank you for being so appreciative.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Tailhook,

Tried to send you a PM buty I dont think they are being sent - something I am not doing I'd say.

Have redone the Pegasus as there is a Turkish Company that already uses that name 😞 Chengeed it to Southern Cross and applied the southern cross on the tail fin, other than that it is the same plane as Pegasus.

All I need to do now is have someone tell me how I upload it to where ever and what things I need to include in that upload. Anyway here she is waiting for a new home 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Received your PM Wombat and will reply ASAP -- thank you!

I was probably off-line when you sent it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...