???How to properly extract files with WinRAR??? FSX ???

Pro Member Trainee
XxEastwoodxX Trainee

Hi there:

I'm new to this site and was wondering, how do I extract files I have downloaded from this site and get them into a fully functional aircraft in FSX. I have downloaded WinRAR and am familiar with the procedure of telling the program where to extract the file to, but am unsure of where I am supposed to extract the file to 😕 . Typically I go as follows: When I was trying to download the Harrier I highlighted the folder "HarrFSX2up2" which was already in the WinRAR file extractor window, then clicked "Extract to" then clicked, C:\ -> Program Files ->Microsoft Games-> Microsoft Flight Simulator X -> SimObjects -> Airplanes, then I go OK. The file appears to install or something, it takes approx 5-6 seconds installing or doing something and stops. From there I start up FSX and the aircraft is a no show. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Also if you happen to know the answer could you PLEASE put it in a step by step format E.g.: A -> B -> C this will help me a lot. 😀

Regards,

-Greg. H

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I didnt read your message but I can tell what you asking. When using winrar which I used to I would extract all files into a seperate folder in simobjects then planes. But this could get complicated so what I would do bro is dont use winrar. Easy thing to do is just unistall it because that way you will understand it alot easier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How's this.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Aircraft is located in simobjects.
Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.
You may have to put the contents of the downloaded effects into the effects folder, the same with the gauges-follow the read-me.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
XxEastwoodxX Trainee

Thx a lot. I'll give it a try 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...