Explain Concept of Virtual Airlines?

Pro Member Trainee
redjay Trainee

Please could someone explain to me, from start to finish, the concept of Virtual Airlines? I know that they are online airlines which you can join but how do they actually work i.e how do you get a job with one, do you get given routes, what if you crash etc.

I read the post about 'what aircraft do you have in your fleet'? Whats that about? Have also read a reference to a one man VA.

I realise this is a broad topic but am confused and need some help!

Cheers.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
spuddi Guest

Virtual Airlines (VA's) come in different guises but the basics are:
You sign up with them
They assess your piloting skills (sometimes with a quiz)
They give you a rank according to your skills
They let you fly certain aircraft according to your rank/skills
They let you download aircraft fleet that they have created in their livery.
You pick which airport you want as your hub
They task you with flights that need to be done
At the end of the flight you file a report and they "award you accordingly"
Some rack up your account with "Virtual salaries"
You get promoted as hours are completed and the aircraft that you are rated to fly increases accordingly

They often have a local hub manager who will task you with the flights they want you to do.

Pro Member Trainee
redjay Trainee

Thanks for that, 2 more questions;

Do I have to pay?

Is ATC done by the VA?

spuddi Guest

ATC it is performed by VATSIM
check out www.vatsim.net

You normally don't have to pay.

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

spuddi wrote:

ATC it is performed by VATSIM

VATSIM is one possibility, IVAO is another. Also, many VAs allow you to fly your routes offline, using the sim ATC.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That sounds really nice 😀 I've never heard of Virtual Airlines. I'm going to find some information about it... 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

That sounds really nice 😀 I've never heard of Virtual Airlines. I'm going to find some information about it... 😛

We have a forum full of different one's.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/9/virtual-airlines-va/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Thanks RadarMan! I'll check it out.
Hey, how many "thank you's" did you receive in all this time? Hehe.

Guest Guest

Hi All,

Im Patrick from SimAir Virtual Airlines, i would be glad to let anyone join and even fly offline!, the only catch is it has to be flown in my livery aircraft available off avsim.net.

I will be doing up my site completley soon so heres the one for now: www.siminfo.tk. Hope ye all like VA's their great fun

Patrick

SimAir CEO

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...