Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

General chat about Flight Simulator 2004, no specific topic - open to anonymous users.
Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

MrInterpreter

Are there any FS2004 multiplayer servers left

Hi everyone,  As a blast from the past, I just got FS2004 up and running on my new laptop  ​​​​​. I was just wondering whether any of the multiplayer servers left in existence. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Andy D on

Installing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on a Windows 11 Laptop Without a CD Drive: Best Practices & Solutions

hi does anyone out there know how to install ms2004 0n a Windows 11 laptop  I have an Alienware R5 with window 11  no cd drive  is there a copy to purchase online so I can download it  any advice would be much appreciated   ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David Cintron on
Agus0404

MRAI Flight Plans and Installer

Hey guys! The other day I was taking a look at my files in this computer and I've found that I still have the MRAI Flight Plans and the Installer. I've never installed those flight plans before but I did download them for further use. I remember that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee S on
Lee S

Scenery Creation

Hi there Fellow Simmers!! I am looking to see if anybody here has the expertize of creating buildings to Places of interest. I have photos if you can possible do the job. Any help would be well appreiated. Thank you Lee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee S on
Duffbus

Lost disc 4 - what to do?

Finally got a newer computer to be able to play FS04 which I purchased some 16 months ago. I played it on my old PC which wasn't powerful enough so having waited nearly a year to play you can imagine my excitement. Opened the game case..............disc 4...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Shewhaal on
crash_deplane

Troubleshooting FS2004 Launch Issues on Windows 11

I managed to install FS2004 on my Windows 11 laptop, but no matter what I do it won't launch.  I've tried running it as administrator, in compatibility mode, but absolutely nothing happens.  Does the installer also have to be run in compatibility mode?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
honeybadger

Can't apply full throttle

I have a problem that's driving me buggy. It feels like I'm only getting about half throttle. I have a new 3 Ghz Dell XPS, XP Pro, using a Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb card, and 2 Ghz of RAM. I had this problem with 2002 and 2004. I've tried two different j...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peibol90 on
RiginalDonDada

Multiple Monitors in FS2004?

I was wondering if any knew if FS9 could be run on multiple monitors. I am not trying to run one display stretched on two monitors. I am trying to get different displays on multiple monitors. Like this: left wing, cockpit, right wing. https://forum.fly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
darrenvox

impossible to taxi in the dc-3

im flying for a virtual airline that allows me to fly the dc-3 but upon tryingto taxi in the dc-3 its very hard and impossible...ive used the differential brakes/ hard rudder, and everything else...but no avail...its very hard... anyone got any remedie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W. van Teeffelen on
dannyboy2005

Scenery (Autogen?) Draw Distance

hi I have updated my drivers on my sexy X800 Pro card and now i can get around 30fps with all settings maxed, traffic 2005 etc. I want the autogen to be drawn further away from me. Can someone tell me how this can be done? Something like this https...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Sebi802

Effective Integration of MS Traffic Toolbox SDK in FS2004: Step-by-Step Guide

Hello Can someone give me some help? I am trying to install the MS Traffic Toolbox SDK to my Flight Simulator 2004, but it doesn`t work anyway. On the MS homepage, it says to install this SDK: " The Tools->Traffic Toolbox menu is available ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
graham05

Exploring Alternatives to VoxATC: Voice Recognition and Traffic Control in Flight Simulators

Hi OK. here is what happened. I found out about Voxatc. so I go to their website and it looks good. so I tried the demo but it said that you need a microphone and headphones or a headset for the demo to work. so go and order a headset for fs (AudioFX F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
kestas

How to Reduce Brightness of Runway Approach Lights

In some airports like Aerosoft - London Heathrow 2008 v1.10, EPWA, and so on, runway approach lights are too bright, all lights are smudgy, as I know, they have their own approach lights, but how to reduce brightness lights???? In default fs9 airport, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Burni

Why Microsoft Flight Simulator™ ?

Hi guys, doing some work for a project at Uni, and it occurred to me that I just automatically assumed that Microsoft Flight Simulator™ would be the simulator I would use... Just wandering why you all use Microsoft Flight Simulator™, and not a diff...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
John VINCENT on
Elkinallen

Landing gear, sinking in runway, landing realism etc.

I have received quite a few emails and messages from simmers with landing gear problems (Contact points) . E.g. Wheels sinking in runway upon touchdown, aircraft leaning to one side, Wheel smoke, Appearance of wheels floating in the air, Lack of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Simxn on
horrgakx

Are the FS2004 flying lessons flawed??

I'm having difficulty with a couple of the flying lessons in FS2004, I'll explain 2 examples... 1) flying a checktest in the Cessna. I have to fly the approach keeping above minimum altitudes, perform a failed approach and climb back to altitude. Howe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dave Wilson on
usb

View keeps Changing

View keeps changing on its own...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
usb on
Simmy

Adjusting Cockpit View Zoom in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

I recently bought a new computer for flight simulation. In both FSX and FS 2004 when in the cockpit view I can only zoom out a short distance. My computer supplier told me how to correct this in FSX by altering the config file. I had to find 'wideviewaspe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Alan C. Misiaszek

Converting Real-World LAT/LON to FS2004 Scenery Coordinates

I have tried real-world calculations to find LAT/LON coordinates for scenery objects in FS using the scenery airport CP and a bearing and distance to the object based on the scenery units.  The results are not close.   Can anyone help with the FS Lat/L...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Tony9r

Flight Sim 2004 language

Hi I have a French version of FS 2004, is there any way I can change the language to English??? Many thanks, Tony....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zoggie on
morris91

Need Help in Nvidia Control Panel

Hey everyone. Need some help setting my NVidia Control panel up to work awesome with Flight Sim 9. I've taken some pics of the settings below. can anyone tell me what to change to get the best results for flight sim 2004? I.e. what are the best N...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

FS2004 is no longer working in Windows 10

I installed the FS2004 no CD patch in my FS 2004 in 2018. This worked fine up until April this year, but, now it no longer works. What is a possible solution to this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
calum

Trouble with Throttle Control on CH Products Flight Yoke: Full & Idle Throttle Not Responsive

Hi Guys, I can't get either full throttle or idle throttle by using the throttle control on the yoke. I need to press F1 to get idle throttle and F4 for full throttle. The lever moves the throttle most of the way but not all the way. I have tried ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
bocboc

Understanding the 3:1 Rule and Conversion of Knots to Feet per Minute in Descent Calculation

Hi, I get a little confused about how the rate of descent is calculated in the flying lessons it said that if you want to lose 10,000 feet of descent then 10,000*3=30,000 feet need to go (3:1 rule) BUT it said that 30,000 feet equals 30 nautical miles...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
M15A

Recommended Flap Deployment Speeds for Cessna 172: Detailed Guidelines

Hi guys, A quick question: in a Cessna 172, at what speed can I lower 10 degrees of flaps? And at what speed 20? And 30? Thanks in advance for the answer!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Munkeh

Troubleshooting ILS Beeping and Misaligned Approach in 737 - Need Assistance with Runway Identification

Hello guys, new thread sorry for not reviving my old one but thought a new one was appropriate. So, I'm an ok flyer now in my old 737. I've read the stickie about ils, I set the little nav1 reading to it, select it...and...beep beep beep. It just beeps...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
RichT

ATC Audio Disappearance: Sudden Loss of ATC and Pilot Responses in FS9

Hi I recently started using headphones with FS9 and had no problems. Simply plugged them into the available headphone socket and had exactly the same sounds in my headphones that would normally come out of the speakers. Now for some unknown reason, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
M15A

What Does the ATC Message 'Altimeter 2992' Mean, and How Should I Respond?

....what does that mean?? And what should I do with that message from ATC?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Excelsis

Trim on take off 737

Hi I read on these boards and elsewhere that you have to set the nose up 10 degrees pitch before take-off on a Boeing 737-400. How do I know what is 10 degrees while I am waiting on the runway? The mouseover (tool tip)on the pitch wheel in the pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
C-GENX

Solving Full Screen Mode Issue in FS9

~S~all... Wondering if anyone else has had any problems in fs9 with being able to (after a clean initial install) change from windowed view to Full Screen Mode. I know, I know. I'm not a newbie already...I've been flying Microsoft right off the shel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
MrSam

Seeking Programs to Surpass 16x Time Acceleration Limit During Autopilot in FS2004

When engaged in Autopilot, it limits time acceleration to 16x. Is there any program out there that will let me accelerate time faster than that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Ohiosimmer

Setting Up Automatic Spoilers in Flight Simulators

Now I know there is an automatic brake, but someone in another post mentioned an automatic spoiler,.....now if this is available would someone please tell me how to set it? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
BRolland

Jet Aircraft Overspeed Warnings at All Altitudes in FS2004

Is anyone else having problems with "Overspeed" warnings with the Jet Aircraft? I am new to FS2004 and all the Jets are doing it at all altitudes...even up to 39,000 feet....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
coolsan

Persistent Beeping Noise and Glideslope Interception Issue on Final Approach

So... I'm 100nm out of Hawaii and as I'm about to start my descent this beeping sound starts and never stops. I even got to the gate and turned off the engines but it kept going. Speed: 300kts @ FL320 100nm out of Hawaii on a heading of 234 Comm 1 i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Guest Ed

The Gods Must be Crazy II

No, this is not a religious post. I just watched the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy II" on DVD and there is a really cool little ultralight aircraft in it which figures in the story quite a bit. It's a twin engine, high wing, two-seater with an exclose...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
kevin2003

Spoilers...How to Auto Deploy???

Dear Fellow Simmers, First post in a while.  Touch wood I've had no probs for a while but there is something I thought forum members might be able to help with. Would anyone know the modification required to the Aircraft cfg to enable me to "Arm" m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
SteveT

Don't know how to speak to ATC in VATSIM with Mic

Hi I was wondering how I can speak to the VATSIM ATC using my mic. I have calibrated by microphone but how do I speak to them - and not using the text box?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
M15A

Make right base?

....what does that mean? I got that message from ATC, but have no clue what to do......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Need Help to change the Language

I have one question, please help me if possible I have bought FS2004 in Russian translation, but my computer doesn't have all the system fonts so Im having trouble understanding the jibberish text, does anyone know how to change the text back to English...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
HowardsRock

747 spoilers/speed brake

Quick question. In the 747, is the spoiler and the speed brake the same thing? How do you arm the spoilers in the 747?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
ShortStop

When to activate the APPROACH autopilot button

Okay, I'm trying ILS approaches and have only managed one so far and I'm having problems. I'm not sure what I did so I'm kinda messing around with everything. okay as I approach my destination atc gives me the instructions I need and I always do them, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
rainbow_flyer

Automated weather observations

Can anyone tell me why the automated weather observation starts mid flight (green bar across top of screen and voiced weather report) and more importantly how to switch it off. It is really annoying as it stops you being able to use atc so eventually you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
golson707

New Hard Drive but No FS9 capability

I had FS2004 for many many years and had it tuned to perfection with an outstanding variety of outstanding aircraft and weather addons. I've recently switched to X-PLANE 12 because I can no longer get access to my FS9 simulator. My question:   Wha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
DThak

DC-3 Radio Navigation Questions

This question is probably aimed at RadarMan but anyone who can help is welcome. ? My question is about the radio compass on the default DC-3. I know that it has an ADF function but what about VOR? When I bring up the radio I see NAV radios 1 and 2. I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jim124

Problem getting a 747 up to speed..........

At the moment I am having a problem flying 747's. Basically I cannot get the airplaine above 399 KIAS in straight and level flight so I cannot get the plane above 26000 ft approx because the speed drops too low when I climb Is this due to the weight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Newboy

PMDG 747-400 Cockpit lights

How do we switch on the cockpit lights in the PMDG 747-400? There is a switch for all the lights, but I cannot seem to find the switch to iluminate the cockpit itself. L or CTRL+L doesnt do it. Thanks Newboy....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
mogwwjd

Stop Overspeed Warning

How do I get rid of the overspeed warning. I am flying a 747-400 and cannot set the speed thing. I am a total beginner. Actually I get this with all the planes I fly. Any help is greatly appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jdev

ILS position

I own MS Flight Sim 2004. I have a couple of planes that are giving me problems landing ILS. The Cessna 414A Chancellor and Bombardier CRJ-200ER. Generally, I'm landing too fast and hard and damaging the nose wheel thus a runway accident. Not blaming ILS ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
tnyland

Rift S vr Headset

I heard some are using Oculus Rift S with FS2004. How is this set up?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Kangkong

How to change the way the keyboard works in the game?

Hi, after playing MSFS 2004, I realized that if you hold the pitch up or pitch down keys and release it, the plane will still pitch up/down even when you release the key. This makes it very hard to play with the keyboard as you will have to press the oppo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

111 pages with 5516 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...110111next
Page 1 of 111