SearchSearch 

FlightDeck 4

Pro Member Trainee
Dennis Avery (davery) Trainee

I would like to get some info on how to allow the older prop planes, Bearcat and Corsair for example that have tail hooks catch the cables on FlightDeck 4. I cant get the meatball to respond when I load Dino's Tomcat.If any one can steer me in the right direction it would help.
davery

1 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

davery wrote:

I would like to get some info on how to allow the older prop planes, Bearcat and Corsair for example that have tail hooks catch the cables on FlightDeck 4. I cant get the meatball to respond when I load Dino's Tomcat.If any one can steer me in the right direction it would help.
davery

Welcome davery 🍻

I too do COPS using both, fighter jets and older WWII props using Flightdeck IV and lots of other carriers - however, not in FSX but in fs9. I suspect though that there wouldn't be much difference. Possibly some of the aircraft behave slightly different due to the different platform, but the principles of how to approach and shoot a trap are the same.
I don't have the Bearcat but I have the Vought Corsair F4U7 and the Skyraider ATM. Since we're using Flightdeck, we don't have to worry whether the aircraft's panel has a cat arm switch or not as long as it has a tailhook. I just wanted to stress this. In fact, you can catch a wire flying an aircraft without a panel all together. Needless to say, you gotta have that tailhook.

Re your original question: When I use WWII props in COPS, all I use is the gun sight. If you're not used to this, you might struggle a bit at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it. Try it and see how you go

😀