FlightDeck 4

Pro Member Trainee
Dennis Avery (davery) Trainee

I would like to get some info on how to allow the older prop planes, Bearcat and Corsair for example that have tail hooks catch the cables on FlightDeck 4. I cant get the meatball to respond when I load Dino's Tomcat.If any one can steer me in the right direction it would help.
davery

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

davery wrote:

I would like to get some info on how to allow the older prop planes, Bearcat and Corsair for example that have tail hooks catch the cables on FlightDeck 4. I cant get the meatball to respond when I load Dino's Tomcat.If any one can steer me in the right direction it would help.
davery

Welcome davery 🍻

I too do COPS using both, fighter jets and older WWII props using Flightdeck IV and lots of other carriers - however, not in FSX but in fs9. I suspect though that there wouldn't be much difference. Possibly some of the aircraft behave slightly different due to the different platform, but the principles of how to approach and shoot a trap are the same.
I don't have the Bearcat but I have the Vought Corsair F4U7 and the Skyraider ATM. Since we're using Flightdeck, we don't have to worry whether the aircraft's panel has a cat arm switch or not as long as it has a tailhook. I just wanted to stress this. In fact, you can catch a wire flying an aircraft without a panel all together. Needless to say, you gotta have that tailhook.

Re your original question: When I use WWII props in COPS, all I use is the gun sight. If you're not used to this, you might struggle a bit at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it. Try it and see how you go

😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...